CHAPTER 4

"What's your name Miss Mysterious?"

"When hell freezes over! How do you like that name!"

CHAPTER 4

Will’s tall frame filled the doorway. “What’s wrong? Is she sick? Jane, Ash is flipping.”

With barely a glare in Will’s direction Allisa snapped, “Then why doesn’t he come check on her?”

Will’s jaw dropped, and he turned his attention towards the main room. Long strides carried him to the terrace door, and he pulled the blackout drapes completely together. Before Allisa could even blink, it was Ashton in the doorway instead of Will, and she exited the room so he could calm Jane himself.

“So it was a nightmare.” Will asked as they stood on the balcony giving the other couple, who were still in the bathroom, privacy. Allisa had explained everything, even the last couple of minutes with Jane. Will had a tone. He didn’t sound like he was asking, or that he was as crazy confused as she herself. Her eyes narrowed delving deep into his looking for answers. Answers to what? Without warning her stomach lurched. Will twisted away from her probing eyes and complained, “Are we going swimming or not?!”

The sun was already blazing, baking the many swim suit clad bodies scattered around the pool area, and several feet below the seawall on the sand, and in the sea.

The incident tumbled in a replay through her mind a few times at the pool, before Will without meaning to, effectively distracted her thoughts away from anything but himself. This happened a lot. Eighteen in two days, was all she could think of as they horsed around in the pool, and transferred to the beach for the next few hours.

It wasn’t too long before Jane found them, spreading her towel on the chaise beside Allisa and preceded to douse her fair skin with sun block one hundred and something strength. Ashton, Jane explained was not feeling good, and had said to wake him before they went out for dinner that evening.

“Are YOU feeling better?” Soft concern tinged Allisa’s question but Jane just stretched as though nothing insane had happened an hour ago.

“Mmmmh, so unlike you Allisa to want details, but yes.” Jane’s grin was wicked.

“I mean about, what happened,” Allisa snapped in aggravation. The last thing she had wanted was an update on the couples love life. “The growling thing.”

Jane turned a blank stare in answer and Allisa became even more exasperated.

“My stomach IS growling a little bit.” Jane admitted and craned her neck to look around. “Do they have a snack place around here?”

Jane must not want to speak of the incident anymore. Dramatically Allisa flipped back to her sunning position and waved an arm towards the top pool. “Up there, bar and grill, or they will bring it out here to you.”

The remainder of the afternoon passed quickly as they sunned, swam, ordered frosty pool side drinks and when the sun began to dip lower, went on a tour of hotel market area, returning to the room with bags of snacks and drinks. Ashton was awake and greeted them from the darkened terrace as they set the groceries down. Within a half hour, they were all showered and out the door again.

The seafood restaurant overlooked the ocean, and although the table they were shown to was not near the stunning view, the tasty food more than made up for that fact. Allisa paid with the credit card her father had given her, and they walked the streets until the music from one of the clubs appealed to them. With the legal drinking age in Mexico being 18, the others were able to order alcoholic beverages and offered Allisa sips, but Allisa swizzled her tiny straw contentedly in her coke.