CHAPTER 12

[LANGUAGE & LIGHT SEXUAL SITUATIONS BETWEEN THE ****]

"You know it would look prettier around your waist--"

"That's it fucker, you are going down--"

CHAPTER 12

“Allisa!”  She was splattered across the floor in Will's room, the same place where Gabrielle had stood just a day before.  With one bound, Will was off the bed and kneeling beside her.  Disoriented, because she had meant the portal to the house to be the usual destination of her room, she blinked at him.  “What the hell just happened?!”  Will demanded but his arms were tenderly ministering to her.

       What HAD happened?  As far as the portal went?  In her terror had her subconscious conjured up the place she felt the safest, instead of her room? 

      “I, um,” Allisa normally wasn’t a crier, but tonight seemed to be the exception.  When the tears began to flow faucet style down her cheeks, she leaned her forehead onto Will’s.   

      “Lissa who was that guy yelling?  If he hurt you...”

      Her crying stopped as quickly as it had begun, and she left the safety of Will to crawl to the fridge on the floor beside his bed. 

      “Im ok, I swear, just give me a minute, kay?”  Pulling a can out of the mini fridge she held it to her cheek, which was throbbing from some sort of blow, before popping the lid and swallowing a long drink.  The carbonation brought fresh tears to her eyes, but she welcomed them.  All was normal again.  She was home and safe.  But for how long.

      “We need to talk.”  Allisa finally said. 

      “No shit, what the–“ Will always used the F word when under extreme stress and now was no exception.  “–just happened?!”  He had moved back to the bed and he moved the clutter of the game controller, the computer and some pillows for her to join him as she straightened into a standing position. 

      Hesitating indecisively beside the bed her mind replayed again Hector’s confrontation.  “It was Hector, he grabbed me--I need to call Sayer.” 

      When Will scowled in irritation, Allisa explained, “I left classified files when I got away.  “

      “What HAPPENED?”  Will demanded.

      First Allisa told him the details behind what had propelled her onto the floor of his room, the terrifying ordeal with Hector.  What she kept to herself was the reason Hector had attacked her, because that would require an explanation of the possible problems of the capsule, and because of Ashton she wasn’t ready to divulge that yet. 

      Allisa briefed him, and then said, “I need to go back, get my things, and get my phone, Sayer–um Dr. Sayer needs to know what happened tonight.  I think Hector overheard some things.  He needs to know that Hector could come after him as well.”  The situation was a potential catastrophe. 

      “You’re not going back.”  Will protectively declared.

      “I have to, too much is at stake.”

      “Then get the stakes while I get Ashton.”

      “He’s home?”  Allisa asked hopefully of Ashton as she pulled wooden stakes from a drawer in Will’s dresser.  An ally vampire's strength would be a comforting presence.

      “Calling him now.”  Will slid open his phone.

      “No, don’t.”  Allisa implored.  “This will just take a second.  Hector has probably taken what he was going to take and gone.  Don’t mess up Ashton’s gig.”