CHAPTER 5

"Fiesty! What about you honey, are you as fiesty as your friend?"

"Come on we will show you a good time, doesn't look like your man cares"

CHAPTER 5

They picked a new restaurant for the nights meal, but settled on the same club after sampling a few others. Will and Allisa left Ashton and Jane dancing at the club. Under the night sky, they took the road that dead ended into sand, and began the walk up the beach back to the hotel hand in hand.

To say that she wasn’t stricken with fear would be a lie. Not fear of what was going to happen, but fear of what could happen. According to Jane, Will had never seriously dated anyone. There was a lingering worry every time she allowed herself to think of him running off with no discussion, just a note the first time around. Would he run again one day? She loved him and the rejection would be too much. He loved her too right? He said so all the time. They ate together, killed zombies together, shared Cokes.

Will had even gotten a job the day after she had been PMSing and labeled him a ‘slacker for life’. The job had not lasted long. As it turned out, Will didn’t hate work, only being around people or being bossed around. A winning entry of his hot sauce into an online recipe contest rewarded him with a good deal of cash, as far as recipe contests went. The entry into contests spurred an interest in the computer world, websites, and then after completing a couple of courses, finally webapps.

The latter is where his revenue each month currently came from. She knew his true interest was gaming, but the easiest app to set up for a beginner student was a texmex recipe exchange. There were hundreds of recipe apps, but Will’s was unique somehow. He had explained it, but as brainy as she was, she didn't get it. In true Will fashion he was still slacking but now at least earning money. Just recently he had begun learning graphic design and showed an aptitude for it.

Allisa had teased him about his zombie count going down because lately the PS3 had taken almost a complete backseat to the laptop he borrowed continuously from her or Ashton or Jane. Besides, Allisa’s schedule was so hectic, it was wonderful to count on him being at the house when she finally drug in. Most of the times these days he had a meal cooked, but he always had a cold drink and open arms waiting.

They reached the room, and Will swiped the problematic card again and again until the green light signaled an unlocked door. The fold out couch had been restored to sofa condition earlier in the day, and her birthday present debris from Ashton and Jane were scattered on it.

Jane had given her a blue camisole with black lace which was now peeking through the thin threads of her black shirt, and Ashton had given her the guitar purse that she was carrying. Slowly she sat down the purse and bent to collect the trash on the couch.

“Want a Coke? “ Will asked from the kitchen.

“Sure” she replied meeting him on the opposite side of the bar with her ball of trash. He passed the can to her after taking a sip, and she tossed her trash wad in the vicinity of his head. With feline like reflexes, he caught it and trashed it. The cool carbonated liquid fizzed down her throat as she passed it back. Sauntering into the main room, he opened a drawer and held a small shopping bag out to her.

“Happy Birthday” He offered.

“Nice wrapping.” The remark was wry but she delved into it with enthusiasm. An assortment of silver bracelets clinked in her hand. Several medium and thin hoop bracelets, and one wide cuff. Dropping to the couch she studied the intricate designs on each before meeting his uncertain eyes and breathing, “Beautiful”

Why did he seem unsure? Silver was her favorite, he knew that...ugh another stab to the brain and a stomach flop. Pulling her hand from her abdomen, she tilted it to slide the bracelets onto her wrist, but stopped when she saw it was already occupied with her gold bracelet. Crap, stomach again, please no, why tonight. Twisting her wrist, she pinched at the gold clasp.