Jisung {one shot}

🌟For PotatoKpop🌟

Jisung's POV
This was it. Finally, the day everyone waits for. My 17th Birthday.

The morning of your 17th birthday is when your soulmate tattoo becomes visible, and because I'm the youngest in my friendship group, I had to wait the longest.

I quickly sat up in bed and lifted up the sleeves of my pyjamas. I smiled as I took a first glance at the small rocket printed on my right wrist.

"Cute, but powerful." I thought to myself as I carefully brushed my fingers across the surface of it.

Of course, my soulmate could be anyone. Someone I meet in ten years or someone who lives on the other side of the world, but the chances are more likely that it's someone who's already close to me, or at least that's what I hoped for.

I sort of have this crush on a girl in my class and I'm secretly hoping that she's my soulmate. Her birthday was actually two days ago during the weekend, so I haven't had the chance to see her tattoo yet.

I excitedly rushed to school and almost injured about six people as I ran to my classroom. "Oh hey Jisung, happy birthday!" My crush waved as I approached her.

"Thanks, you've got your tattoo right?" I asked impatiently as I still tried to catch my breath.

"Oh yeah, isn't it cool?" She asked as she showed me her wrist. A key?

"What's yours?" She asked curiously.

"Huh? Oh mine's a rocket." I said not being able to focus properly on the conversation. Does a key relate to a rocket? Maybe her key unlocks the door to the rocket... or am I just being too hopeful?

A few minutes later, the class leader Seungmin walked in. He was pretty much the coolest, most popular guy in our class, so whenever he enters everyone stops talking to greet him.

"Seungmin-ah~ guess what!" She said grinning happily.

"What is it?" He asked walking over to her desk.

She extended her arm out and revealed her tattoo again. The rest of the class murmured a collective "Ooh~" as they caught onto the situation.

Seungmin copied her action to show his tattoo. Of course, how could I forget? Seungmin made it into such a big deal when he got his keyhole tattoo a couple months ago.

"I guess I found my soulmate." He smirked as he winked at her, sending the rest of the class into a loud commotion. Meanwhile, I just sighed and continued playing on my phone. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. They're both so perfect, no wonder they matched.

I spent the rest of the morning thinking about it until lunch came around and I was greeted by my friends. "So have you found your soulmate yet?" Chan asked.

"No I don't think so, unless you know anyone who matches with a rocket." I replied still slightly disappointed.

"Oh I have stars as my tattoo, maybe it's me." Minho suggested wiggling his eyebrows at me.

Woojin gave him an uncertain look before saying, "Or... maybe it's Y/N."

The girl suddenly looked towards us at the mention of her name. Y/N? I mean, she's a great friend and all but I never really thought about her in that way...

"What's me?" She asked curiously.

"Your tattoo is a moon right?" Woojin asked to make sure he was correct.

"Yeah, why? Did you find a match?" She asked excitedly.

"Well we think-" Woojin started before I abruptly cut him off.

"-No we were just wondering." I quickly said.

She frowned, "Oh okay."

"Why won't you tell her?" He whispered to me confused.

"She's just a friend to me, I don't think she's my soulmate. I mean look at her chubby cheeks, she's more of a little sister." I mumbled.

"That's because she's eating, and aren't you being a bit hypocritical, Mr Squirrel?" Woojin laughed. "But seriously though, give her a chance. You never know, she might be the one."

I sighed, "Nah, there must be something else that matches with a rocket, I'm gonna spend the rest of the day looking around." I muttered before I threw the rest of my lunch away and left the cafeteria.

During the next day of school, I awkwardly tried to avoid Y/N in case she saw my tattoo. It was strange. I don't know why I tried to ignore her because before yesterday we were completely fine, but now that there's a chance of us being soulmates, I suddenly feel weird around her...

At lunch though, I had no escape because our group always sat at the same table and I ended up sitting next to her.

I shyly avoided eye contact by staring down at her food instead. "Salad?" I questioned her surprised.

"Yeah I'm kind of on a diet at the moment."

I looked up at her face for the first time as she spoke. "And are you wearing makeup?" I asked noticing her bright eyes.

"Yeah... like I do everyday." She said confused by my random questions.

I stared at her for a bit longer as I thought carefully. I guess I had never seen her as a girl before until now... I already knew that she was funny and kind, but she's also really pretty. Has she always been like this? Why am I only just noticing? Why is my heart beating so fast?

"Jisung?"

My thoughts were interrupted. "Yeah?" I replied blankly.

"I like your tattoo by the way." She said looking down at my arm that was resting on the table.

I followed her gaze and hesitated before saying, "Can I see yours?"

She gently placed her left arm next to mine and smiled. Then for some reason, we didn't even need to speak, we sort of just felt the right connection and we immediately knew what that meant...

She blushed as I traced my finger from my rocket to her moon, "My soulmate." I whispered as I continued to take in the new information.

As soon as the words came out of my mouth,
we felt a strange tingly sensation and when we next opened our eyes, we found that the tattoos had suddenly become coloured.

"Wow..." we both whispered amazed, admiring the beautiful tattoos.

17 years and 1 day... it was worth the wait...

 it was worth the wait

~

^ not exactly a moon but close enough lol

Anyways, I hope you liked this type of imagine! Please vote + comment if you did! ❤️👍🏼

And Jisung... why is he so cute, like he is such a bias wrecker, what is my life 😂😂

- Lucy 💕