Jeongin {oneshot}

Another long evening spent working at the cafe left you tired and ready to go home. As you walked down the dimly lit streets, you suddenly heard clumsy footsteps from behind and a few grunting noises.

Great. There's probably some old drunk guy trying to follow me. Just what I needed at the end of my day.

You quickened your pace and carefully watched the cars driving past, trying to find the best moment to cross to the opposite side of the road in an attempt to escape.

"Heyyy yoou! I- I know yoou!" His words slurred together in a way that was uncomfortable for your ears.

You continued with your fast-walking, ignoring his random mumbles. To be fair, any normal person would have at least started jogging by now, but as an unfit tired teenager, who was never really good at PE, you just couldn't be bothered at this time of night.

"It's meeee! Jeonginnie, your class buddy!"

Wait. What?

You cautiously turned around and took a good look at his face as he removed his hood.

What the hell.

It was actually him. Your best friend from when you were thirteen. It had been four years, but you could still clearly recognise him. For starters, he still had those same braces on.

When you moved to a different high school, you had naturally drifted apart and lost contact with each other - as you do when you're only young.

"See it's me!! Do you remember me?!" He suddenly started yelling, causing you to quickly shush him and calm him down.

He almost lost his balance as he stumbled towards you and automatically grabbed your arm for support as soon as he could reach it.

He absolutely reeked of alcohol. It was repulsive.

As he accidentally tripped, he pulled you into a sort of hugging position to try and stay upright again. You immediately moved your face away from him to avoid his awful breath.

"Ah kissss... I want- I wanna kiss yooou!" He exclaimed, but you chose to ignore his comment.

"What happened Jeongin? You know it's illegal to be underage drinking, right?" You asked him sternly.

"Hmm... but I was just hanging out with my friends..." He groaned as started to feel a little nauseous, "The guys are actually really cool, you should meet them."

What guys? Please don't tell me that he joined the gang... please.

Your old high school was notorious for having the worst gang in the area. They were the main reason why your parents had transferred you out of there early on.

You allowed him to lean his weight on your body as you guided him towards your house. He would be dead if his parents saw him like this.

"You're a good kid Jeongin, you shouldn't be hanging out with those older guys. They're bad news." You sighed as you realised your words weren't even going to be heard by him.

His head slowly drooped down as he fell asleep. Another sigh escaped your lips as you dragged him along the rest of the way, and thought of how you were going to explain this situation to your own parents.