Minho {one shot}

Soulmate AU: When you're near enough to your soulmate, you can share thoughts/read their mind (thoughts will be in italics)

Your long shift working at the coffee shop was almost over, causing you to frown when one last customer suddenly entered and came up to the counter.

Your eyes widened slightly as you looked at him more closely. Wow he's so handsome.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you." He said smiling.

You tilted your head, confused by his odd response. Oh no, did I call him handsome out loud? How embarrassing.

Minho stared back at you with his own puzzled look. He kept hearing a girl's voice, but your mouth wasn't even moving...

"Oh my god, you must be my soulmate." He exclaimed suddenly as he finally clicked onto the situation.

You chuckled nervously, "Did you just say soulmate?" Ok he may be handsome, but he's seems a bit strange...

"I'm not strange I promise!" He continued desperately, but you quickly interrupted him.

"I'm sorry but we're closing soon, can I just take your order?" You asked, since he was starting to weird you out.

"But you're definitely my soulmate! How else would I be able to hear your thoughts?" He asked getting slightly frustrated.

Meanwhile, you were now completely certain that this guy had gone loopy. "Sorry but soulmates and mind-readers don't exist in real life." You said, although you weren't really sure why you were still trying to reason with him.

"Wait, have you never been taught about our dimension's soulmate rule?" He asked surprised. "You know, the one that states: if you get close enough to your soulmate, you can share their thoughts."

You stared at him in disbelief, "That's just one of those ancient legends, it's not true. I mean who would actually believe that nonsense? Well except for you of course..." You argued, muttering the last part to yourself.

"I swear it's true. I bet you can read my thoughts right now - go ahead, try it." He said eagerly.

After a few seconds of staring at him in silence, you sighed, "Nope I'm not getting anything. Listen, I'll just make you your iced americano and then we can both forget about this, okay?"

Minho smirked as his eyes glistened, "But how did you know I wanted that drink? I never ordered, remember?"

"Because- didn't you- oh..." You mumbled, rather confused about what was happening.

"See I told you! Soulmates do exist!" He exclaimed happily. "I didn't expect mine to be this stubborn though." He said jokingly, making you feel a bit guilty.

"Ok ok I get it, I'm sorry for not believing you earlier." You apologised, while you still tried to get the new information to sink in.

"Shouldn't your parents be soulmates? Did they never tell you the story of how they first met?" He asked curiously.

"Well my parents are really strict, so I'm sort of banned from having or even talking about relationships, in case I get distracted from school or work." You explained.

Minho frowned, "Does that mean I can't meet up with you again?" He asked sadly.

"Hey I just said my parents are strict, I never said I followed all of their rules." You grinned mischievously.

"Ok good because I'd love to find out more about you. Oh and by the way..." He trailed off slowly. I think you're really pretty.

You blushed as you 'heard' his compliment. Oh my god he just called me pretty. What should I say back to him? Damn he can hear all these thoughts can't he?

You looked up at him sheepishly when he began to laugh. He continued to give you a bright smile as he thought, cute.

_

I'm loving soulmate au's right now - what do you guys think?

What's your favourite song from the new album?? Mine's definitely Get Cool, I listen to it on repeat 👌🏼

I know a comeback means more content in general, but I'm literally just so hyped for their episode on ASC! It was so funny last time 😂

Anyway... sorry for slow updates, but please VOTE and COMMENT if you liked this imagine! ❤️

- Lucy 💕