{13}

EMMA'S P.O.V
I slump down into the office chair with a huff. 16 hours, with no break except for picking Malia up from school and taking her home. Wow I'm even calling it home now. Ace and Angelo left two hours ago, that was at 9 PM. It's now 11PM and I'm only just leaving Le'Classico now.

By the time I get back to the house my eyes are practically dropping shut from exhaustion. Unfortunately for me I had an unexpected house guest. The first person I see when I get the house is Marco, he looks amused yet frightened at the same time.

"Hey..?" I asked suspiciously, he opens his mouth to answer but another voice interrupts him.

"You better start running." I feel my face pale when the blonde stalks into the room looking very much angry. She starts for me but I yelp and hide behind Marco, who is silently chuckling.

"Nah ah. You don't get to hide behind the handsome Italian man." She spits out and grabs my forearm. I smile sheepishly at her hoping it would calm her down more, it doesn't. She hits me a few times on the arm to display how much trouble I was in.

"I thought you were in Europe!" I yelp when she hits me again.

"I was you butthole! I can't believe you didn't fucking call me!" She says again, I pull out of her grip and hide behind Marco again, fisting my hands in the back of his shirt and peaking over his shoulder.

"Hope I'm sorry! I was busy!" I try to reason. She scoffs at me.

Hope Williams ladies and gentlemen, is my bestfriend. The blonde stands at 5'6 with bright hazel eyes that takes in everything in the room, and an athletic figure that I've always been jealous of.

"You better be fucking sorry." She mumbles and flicks her hair dramatically, "now get over here and give me a hug." I instantly smile and face into her comforting arms.

"I missed your dumbass." She mumbles when we pulled apart, the moment is interrupted by a voice clearing itself. I didn't get to get s good look at Marco since I was being assaulted by  a crazy blonde. He's wearing his usual black sweatpants and a thin white t-shirt that displays the slightest outline of his beautiful body. I bite my lip and turn to look at Hope who is giving me a knowing look.

"Soooo you gonna introduce me to your boy toy?" Hope says with no shame, I on the other hand blush furiously and slap her.

"I-um, Marco this is Hope, Hope this is Marco." I say waving my between them shyly, Hope grins and puts her arm over my shoulder.

"I know, we've met." She says cockily, I groan and shrug her arm off mumbling 'I hate you' She just shrugs and then demands a bedroom from Marco, I roll my eyes at her attitude and decide to head to bed myself.

***

My alarm clock displays that the time is 1:27AM, I can't sleep. I try everything, even counting freaking sheep, but nothing works. All it does it remind me of another terrible night.

***FLASHBACK***
The yelling from downstairs has been going on for a while now. I wish they would stop so Valentina could sleep, she's only a few months old so she needs the sleep. Instead she's playing with the strings on my hoodie, the same hoodie that use to belong to Theo. I push the hurt away and continue to her lullaby's, the ones that I use to fall asleep to.

When the shouting continues I decide that I've had enough. I place Valentina down my bed, making sure she had enough pillows surrounding her, before bravely walk down the stairs and into the lounge room where my parents are watching sports on a shitty TV.