Starry Eyes

A/n I'm back off holiday! Soooo sorry for the wait :)

It has been two weeks since I had the little fiasco with Ben. We are kind of okay now, I know he means well and all but sometimes it is none of his business. We have decided that he should stay in his old flat in central London for a bit, he kept the flat because of work and stuff. He has got Lucy tonight and tomorrow he will drop her off at the hospice where I will pick her up in the evening. It isn’t practical but we both have demanding jobs which are quite difficult to let go of. Ben could never stop acting, he has too many fans and he loves it too much. Whereas I have managed the cut down my work load because my step-father being back and co-running the magazine. I have to work all day tomorrow though; we are having the launch of the ‘sister’ magazine. We are launching a new magazine for teenagers called ‘Starry Eyes’, it should be a success fingers crossed.

Ring ring

Sigh, who could that be? Got so much work to do ready for tomorrow! I pick up the phone to see the caller ID as ‘Rick Baker’ (that’s my step-father). I sigh and answer, “Hi Rick.”

“Hello, it is about tomorrow. I have worked out that one of us has to do the conference with the senior members of staff and the other has to do the seminar to the screaming teenagers.” He waffles and I smirk at the last bit.

“If I have a choice then I will do the seminar, I think they would connect more with a woman.”

“True. Okay that is sorted then, see you tomorrow.” He hangs up; I can tell he is excited by his voice. This means tomorrow I have to give a presentation to the potential readers, there are about one hundred of them who get a free issue and ask questions, give suggestions etc. I better have a hot, bubbly bath otherwise I am going to be tense tomorrow. I used to hate speaking in front of an audience but it is now second nature. That probably has something to do with being married to Benedict Cumberbatch, so many premieres and fans. Speaking of which, I should phone him and ask about Lucy or I could text…

Ring ring

Okay it looks like I am phoning him or he is phoning me. I answer the phone, “Hello?” I question even though I know it is Ben from the caller ID. “Hey Ben.”

“Hi you, you sound happy. All set for tomorrow?” He asks, I smile at the sound of his voice. I know we are meant to be distanced at the moment but I can’t help but fall for his voice, his soft, velvet-like voice.

“I am, all I need to do know is have a nice bath.” I reply.

“I won’t keep you then. Lucy is okay, very happy in fact but she did ask for you.” He pauses, “There was a bit more movement today, in her ankles.” I am about to reply but no words come out, “We will be okay love, we will get through this. Together.” I can’t help but snivel, even when we have had a fight he is such a gentleman.

“I know we can Ben.” There is a slight awkward silence. “Anyway Ben I’ve got to go, big day tomorrow and all that.” I may sound slightly dismissive but I cannot hang in this awkward conversation any longer.

“Right…okay. Good luck! Bye.” Before I can say bye, he hangs up. I wish I had him next to me now, to tell me tomorrow is all going to be okay but I don’t and it is my entire fault.

\~.~.~.~.~/

“Put those boxes through there on the table.” I instruct the delivery guy who is delivering fresh copies of the new magazine for the hundred teenage girls. They are going to love it! There are pull out posters of their favourite bands like One Direction and McBusted, their idols like Ariana Grande and Jennifer Lawrence. Plus a few hot guys…anyway unlike most teen magazines there are also going to be articles/pictures of slightly older celebrities. I’ve seen so many fangirls around Benedict; I’m not calling him old! But he isn’t eighteen anymore.

Rick said I should get him to do an interview for it but I explained that at the moment that isn’t an option. So I got Tom Hiddleston to do one instead he said if I remember rightly, “The pleasure is all mine.” Then kissed my hand, he is such a flirt. Suddenly I feel a hand tap me on the shoulder which made me jump a little.

“Sorry y/n I didn’t mean to make you jump!” Rick exclaims chuckling. “I am going off for this meeting thing, but I will see you in my office at four ish? Just before you pick Lucy up from the hospice.” How did he know that? Oh well, nothing to worry about. Right?

 A/n do you trust Rick?

I know it is short but I will update more regularly from now on, promise :)

Please check out fanfictions from:

@puny_god

@sciencededuction

@LanaDelHiddleston

@BenedictCumberbatch1