Chapter 3: Lost and Found

Like any Little Harry quickly developed a routine he performed everyday. Everyone knew that to make a Little happy they needed order, clear boundaries, and set rules and Harry was no different.

If anything he made himself more restrictions and rules.

The first few were basic expectations for himself. Just as the sun starts setting Harry must find somewhere to eat and rest. Through much trial and error he found out which berries were safe to eat, which leaves were soft to sleep on, and where to get the best water.

He had to find that all out the hard way, leaving him either throwing up or very itchy

In the end it took two weeks to settle into his new home in the woods and Harry was finding it easier to navigate than his uncle's temper. Here no one beat him for soiling the leaves he slept on or making a mess whilst eating. Here there was plenty of berries to make him full and friendly bunnies to play with. There was even a deer who desired to sleep next to the innocent child to keep him warm along with her own young.

Bathtime turned out to be a tricky feat. After a day and a half of walking in no particular direction the tiny black-haired boy came across a small stream. Happy beyond belief he immediately waddled into the shallow water, not remembering his last bath at the Dursleys.

As Petunia detested touching her nephew anymore than absolutely necessary she stopped bathing the boy shortly after his 4th birthday. He learned to start a shower and wash himself enough to not get punished for taking too long or being smelly. Although he never felt all that clean he never got to dwell on that fact as chores were just as quick to be shoved down his throat.

Wading into the crisp cool water Harry had to fight back a nasty flashback of getting sprayed by the watering hose for failing to take care of the garden properly as water rushed by, reaching his chest due to his short frame. After soaking until his hands were prunny and he finally felt clean (even his lower regions stopped burning) he was ready to get out. Not realizing how more aggressive the waves have become Harry makes his way back to the shore only to be swept by the undertow. Being thrown 4 feet downstream in freezing water, Harry comes up coughing out a lung. Fearful and trembling he makes a new rule to never go back into the water.

Many more restrictions follow. After wandering away from the river and getting lost in the middle of the wilderness with strange noises for all of 3 hours when Harry chased a butterfly he no longer allowed himself to follow animals around or stray very far from the river, his only source of clean drinking water. No eating the green berries or any type of flower he sees the other animals eating is a quickly made rule after spending 3 days spewing from both ends.

Not a nice feeling to go through on your own, but the brave little boy managed and soon became right as rain. Days later.

Now 3 months later Harry thinks himself completely independent despite waking up in his own filth more than not and constantly wetting himself when he's not paying attention. In which did set himself back into a mindset he tried not to fall into, but he manages to get his feelings under control and clean up.

However what he wasn't prepared for was a familiar face showing up at his lake he's called home for the past 3 months.

Draco wasn't sure what happened. One minute he's with his papa and Uncle Sev on their yearly camping trip turned celebration for when his letter to Hogwarts (the best Little and Dom academe in all of Great Britain) arrived just before they left only to see the prettiest butterfly in existence.

Now he can't find them or their campsite they were setting up. Draco tries to remain calm, because his papa likes taking him to plenty of crowded places so he's coached Draco on how to remain calm and find a trusted adult when he can to get help. Although in this case it's best to find the nearest water source and remain there until found.