Chapter 8 Heart Palpatations

The next morning goes the same way as the previous one. Harry wakes up before Draco snuggled into the older Little's arms.

"Dray, wakey now?" Harry questions remembering when he told him it was too early yesterday.

With a small yawn the blonde answers, "Yes, Harry wakey now. Do you need the potty?" Like a good big brother, Draco knows Harry needs to be reminded of these things because he's too small. It also hadn't slipped Draco's mind that at the classification office Harry had chosen diapers instead of pull-ups like him.

"Don't need the potty, need food," at his relative's house Harry would have never given up the opportunity to go but here he knew his needs wouldn't be neglected.

"Okay, we can get papa to get us breakfast," carefully helping Harry off the bed and onto the floor he tells him to wait before disappearing into the bathroom.

Upon his return, Draco takes Harry's hand in his and leads him out the room and down the hall into his papa's room. Once again helping Harry to climb into the large king-sized bed, Draco hoists himself up and motions for them to start jumping.

Harry quickly dissolves into a fit of giggles having never jumped on a bed before. His aunt forbade him from entering her and Dudley's bedroom unless he was cleaning. Never would he have dared to jump on either of their beds knowing quite well the punishment wouldn't have been worth it. It's hard to think of all the things he's done here that he'd never dream of doing with his relatives. He hopes that these nice people come and visit him in his forest all the time and they have this much fun.

"Ahh," looking over at his fallen friend he sees an awake Lucius mercilessly tickling him. "P-papa s-st-op. Run baby Harry!" Just as Lucius goes to grab the young boy he slips down the edge of the bed landing on his padded butt before running off out the door. Harry had only taken 4 steps down the hall before he's scooped up from behind.

"Though you could run away did you."

"Daddy!" Depositing the squealing Little onto the bed, Severus subjects Harry to the same faith as his godson.

"Alright I think these two have learned their lesson," Lucius announces after 3 minutes of constant toddler giggles.

"I suppose you're right, Luc. I believe there are a few little mouths we need to feed and clothing needing to be changed." After a quick nappy change, the pair had two squirming Littles sitting at the kitchen table.

"Papa wanna play with baby Harry," Draco tries once again to get down only to be scooped up and deposit back onto his chair.

"You two can play after breakfast, dragon. I'm sure Harry would love to know how to use a big boy fork for his eggs. Isn't that right Harry?" Lucius directs his question right at Harry, who's sitting on multiple book in order to reach the table.

"Harry use big boy 'ork?" Harry wasn't allowed silverware when he ate at his aunt's. It was better to use his fingers anyway so that he could quickly eat his food before his aunt felt like he'd had enough and take away the plate.

"Yes, Harry can use his big boy fork to eat. If you need any help just give a shout." After making sure both boys are properly eating Lucius goes off to help Severus clean and finish packing. Tonight they will be leaving the cabin and heading home.

"Baby Harry do you wanna come home with us?" Draco asks after he sees Harry eat a few bits before becoming uninterested in his food. As the new big brother he doesn't want to force Harry but he also needs to make sure there aren't any problems when they leave. He'd heard his papa and uncle Sev talk a few times about bringing Harry with them when they leave.

"Hawwy go wif oo?" the Little tilts his head in confusion.

"Yeah, I want my baby Harry to come and meet my Grandpa Tom and Gamma Bella," hopefully Draco's enthusiasm will entice the younger boy.

"Harry come if daddy say so," Harry didn't quite understand his sudden attachment to the dark man or his need to call him that name but it felt nice and he knew that Severus liked it. If Severus still wants him even after they leave then Harry wouldn't want to miss the chance of getting a new family.

"Of course uncle Sev wants-- the butterfly!" Draco's attention is brought to the window when something big and colorful lands on the frame. Quickly recognizing his friend from the other day that resulted in finding his new baby brother, he couldn't help but point it out. "Look baby Harry! See?"

"Pretty!"

"Let's go catch it to show papa and Uncle Sev." After helping Harry down from the table both boys rush outside unknowingly resulting in Severus having a heart attack."

Severus had just seen Lucius off once they realized that if they were going to bring Harry with them on the long car ride back to Malfoy Manor then he'd need a car seat. It's required by law that young children and Littles who headspace falls under 7 years old has to be properly secured in every vehicle. Due to Harry being such a young Little he'd need something rear-facing, therefore the pair couldn't put him in Draco's spear seat.

It seems that almost as soon as the older blonde disappeared into the tree line a bad feeling settles in the pit of his stomach.

Quickly making his way back into the house, Severus makes a beeline to the kitchen to check on the children. Years from now Severus will look back on this moment and still swear the the high heavens that he had a heart attack when he entered the room and found two empty chairs and the back door wide open.

A little short but why not leave my lovely reader with a cliffhanger so that the next chapter is all the more sweet. ;)