Chapter 4: Wake up and Bonding

The long blonde-haired man was quick into action, making sure that Draco was off his lap before standing up and rocking the little boy side to side while patting the wailing boy's bottom.

Both Draco and Severus watched the scene ahead of them, the scruffy frail boy not stopping even for a breath. The little one tried to stop but simply couldn't, his body racked with sobs as he became scared and overwhelmed, giving up on trying to act big as this is his first ever feeling of warmth and comfort.

However despite being held and comforted, he wasn't settling at all, squirming around and sobbing his little heart out, snot and tears cascading down his red puffy face. Something inside him that's just not wanting to settle for Lucius, no matter what he did, whether it be rocking side to side, cooing soft gentle words or patting the littles bottom. The boy chose not to calm down and so continued to work himself up.

When it became to be too much for Severus to take, never being one to standby when a child is in distress, the younger man stepped in. He felt that if he doesn't step in now, the boy might make himself sick, certainly at the rate he's going. Judging by his already frail and sickly form, that was the last thing he needed

"Pass him here Lucius" Severus states standing up and holding his arms out for the lad. Lucius raises an eyebrow at the comment.

"You sure about that dear friend? The past couple of littles you've tried with haven't exactly like nor clicked with you" Lucius chuckled but sounded a bit serious at the same time, rocking Harry all the while. Severus only rolled his eyes at his friends statement.

"Well he isn't settling for you either, let me have a try and see how he is with me. It might be different this time considering that he's Lily's son" Severus retorted, hands still outstretched for the still sobbing little.

It's almost like magic the way the sobs die in Harry's throat as he's transferred to new arms. Instead he locks eyes with pitch black ones, completely captivated. A small smile stretches across the usually dour man.

"Yay, baby not crying no more," Draco's exclamation breaks the sudden bubble the two had formed and brings them back to reality.

"Not a baby." It takes every ounce of self control to stop Severus from cooing at the tiny, shy voice.

"Can baby play now that he feels better?" Draco chooses to ignore Harry's comment and face his papa. "Pretty please. I'll be really gentle."

"Just for a little bit while I talk to Uncle Sev alright. And you have to ask him yourself he may not want to play right now."

"Ok papa," toddling over to the pair, Harry allows himself to be put down. "Baby Harry do you wanna play with me? I'll let you have my favorite car." Draco stands almost a head taller than Harry and twice his weight,so it really is an adorable sight to see Draco take his hand and lead him to a blanket that was set up with a few toys to keep the boy occupied while the adults set up camp before he wandered off.

"I think it would be best to forgo the usual first night under the stars and head straight to the cabin where we have more supplies." Severus states when both boys are engrossed in their game, Harry becoming a little reluctant to sit on the blanket and both settling for a patch of grass nearby.

"Forget the cabin I wanna know what that was between you and Harry just now." Lucius knows that his brother in all but blood has finally found the perfect Little but needs to hear him admit it. And  with the heavy sigh he does.

"He's the one. I know it. He has to be mine I just don't know if I'm ready for it."

"Don't be preposterous of course you're ready. Look how well you settled him and you're already so good with Draco. You and I both know you've been looking for a baby for years  and now you have him. You'll make a fine parent."

"Are you sure? He's clearly been neglected and I'm not sure--" he's cut off by Draco's loud exclaim

"Uh oh! Baby went potty." Turning towards the pair Severus and Lucius spot Harry a few feet from Draco standing in a fairly large puddle. His face is downcast but they can still see the steady stream of tears running down his chin.

"D-didn't mean to wee. I sorry. Harry do better." The frightened boy apologises while taking a few cautious steps back. He knew that if they got mad he would have to run even if it meant leaving his first and only friend.

"Hey, no, it was just an accident. Accidents happen and it's nothing to be ashamed of." Although Lucius is almost certain that's how his previous caregivers made him feel. Making up his mind he turns to Severus while Draco tries to calm the baby by stating how he sometimes has accidents and papa always made him feel better.

"We will be staying just a few days to get Harry to trust us then we take him back with us. We can start on the adoption process once we have his trust and he understands."