Chapter 6: A Fulfilling Bath

Harry had soon found that with the right people around to comfort and watch over you, water isn't frightening at all. In fact he eventually grew to love it, the toys, the warmth of the water around his body and not to mention Severus's soft relaxing hands that combed through his what used to be long greasy hair, now freshly shampooed and conditioned.

He loved it and couldn't help but close his eyes, it could literally put him to sleep.

"Hey, cheeky boy stay awake for me. We have yet to wash you!" Severus chuckled, tilting the little's head back before gently pouring water over the boy's head to wash the suds out. Harry opened his eyes and blinked a few times, he didn't understand how throughout the day he gets really tired. It was the same at his relatives house but of course he couldn't nap or even have the time to close his eyes before another chore got dumped onto him. Of course in the woods the tiny child didn't sleep well either. Weather is was because he wet himself more than once that night, strange noises coming from the forest, or even just as overall restlessness.

If only he understood that, that's how his little mindset worked. The age he has been labelled with is one where they require more sleep and naps than older littles do.

"I wash Draco and you wash Harry?" Lucius asked, making it easier for them both and quicker the two got washed at the same time. "Sure thing, stand up Harry" Severus took the boys hand to help him stand up, Harry gripping on for dear life as he almost slipped. "You too Dragon, stand up and then we can wash you too" Draco pouted and put his boat down, standing a few inches taller than Harry.

"Face first, and we shall make our way down. Yes?" Severus got a clean sponge, one used for guests and soaped it up ready to wash the boy down, rolling up his sleeves he got to work in cleaning the scarred little body. Lucius doing the same with Draco letting out little giggles every now and then.

Harry stayed rigid and still, doing as told even though he really didn't like having his face wiped.

"I know, I know you don't like it. But we have to make sure your clean and ready for bed," Severus cooed now moving onto the boys neck, shoulders and arms. Smiling mischievously as he went to go clean under the boys armpits, being mindful of the bruises and cuts littering the thin frail arms.

Then, he heard it and so did Lucius. He wiped under the other armpit just to make sure he heard it correctly, and indeed the boy was giggling albeit quietly as if frightened to make a noise.

Severus swore to himself to make the child laugh more, there's nothing better than hearing a little giggle to their heart's content.

"Is somebody a bit ticklish?" Severus tried once more but Harry only hid behind a proud-looking Draco.

"Come on Little one I promise not to tickle you anymore but I still have to finish washing you." Harry came back out from behind Draco, standing still again to finish getting washed.

Quickly Severus wipes down the rest of his body being mindful of the irritated skin around the boy's bits and bum.

"Alright you two bath time's over," Lucius announces.

"Awe. So soon papa?" Draco pouts still playing with his boat. "Can't we stay for just a little bit longer? The water is still warm and my baby Harry loves it here. Right Harry."

"Wanna stay," Harry timidly ask bracing himself for the rejection neither Severus or Lucius had the heart to deliver.

"Alright just a few minutes and then we have to get something in those bellies." Soon the boys are finished playing and the water gets drained from the tub. Lucius helps both boys dress having found a T-shirt and a pair of drawstring shorts for little Harry as well as both boys putting on a pull up with a bit of rash cream and baby powder to prevent Harry's already irritated skin from becoming inflamed.