Chapter 10: Home Sweet Home

The drive is long and tedious until both boys are calmed and sleeping in the back seat. Draco was pretty simple only needing his sippy cup before he's off to dreamland. Harry is not so easy.

By the time he jerks himself awake for the 4th time, Lucius is about ready to pull his hair out.

"Sweetheart, what's bothering you so?" Severus asks gently once Harry whines for the 5th time in as many minutes. It's quite obvious how tired the Little is.

"Want dada," he confesses. "Want dada to hold Harry. Harry sleepy."

"We know you want to be held, but daddy's driving right now and you're much more safe in your special seat. Do you want another bottle?" 

"Don't want baba, want dada," Harry explains before dissolving once again into a fit of tears. Thankfully this time Draco stays blissfully asleep.

"He's not going to calm down until you hold him," Lucius helpfully points out.

"I know that, but we're expected home by morning and I'd like to get there alive, thank you very much," Severus snaps at his closest friend.

"I'll have you know that my driving skills aren't that bad," Lucius huffs.

"No of course not," Severus glances at his child then back at the road. "They are much worse."

Lucius huffs in indignation but remains silent as Harry's sobs continue. Occasionally the boy will beg for his father but typically sticks with his sobbing.

"Harry be good!" he scrubs at his blotchy red face. "Please dada hold? Please."

"Harry is my best boy," Severus tries to sooth once more from the front, "but daddy is driving and will hold you in a few hours when we get home. Are you ready to see your new home?"

"Yeah. Hawwy wants new home," Harry excepts the partial distraction. "But Hawwy wants dada more!" he dissolves into a new set of tears.

"Does Harry want his paci?" Severus could kick himself when Lucius turns to ask the question. He should be the one that knows what his little need, but is grateful when Harry excepts the teat and his sobs instantly reduce to small sniffles.

"That's better," Lucius sighs, "Now we can hope that he soon falls asleep and this trip can proceed a lot quicker.

"I'm just glad he feels safe enough to cry in front of us," Severus glances once more at the now two sleeping children. "When we found him I thought it would take a miracle for him to want to come with us. I just thankful he bonded with us so easily."

"Not 'us' my dear friend," Lucius chuckles, "He's bonded well with you and trusts you to love and protect him."

"Do I detect jealousy from you, Lucius?" Severus teases lightly.

"Of course not. I'm just stating a fact. I think you should focus more on the road then my tone of voice."

Hours later Severus pulls into a large house that can only be classified as a mansion fitting of the Malfoy family. The Malfoys are a very influential and rich family that owns a lot of companies all throughout England and certain parts of Ireland and Scotland.