Chapter 12: Shop Til You Drop

"Where we going," Harry asks from the backseat where he and Draco are strapped into their respective car seats with Bella sitting between them.

"To the store, lovely," she explains. "We're going to get you so many nice things to go in your new nursery that Grandpa Tom is fix up.

"Harry get own nursery," the little boy looks up hopefully. "No stay wif Dray?"

"Some days you may sleep over if you want but daddy wants you to have your own room. Isn't that nice?" Severus tries to sound enthusiastic to mask the fear of Harry having a meltdown.

"Harry want own room. No stay in cupboard no more," the Little beams in the mirror above him unaware of the sudden tention settling in the car until Bellatrix speaks.

"A cupboard!?" she snarls. "What kind of monsters would put such a sweet boy in something so ghastly?"

"I agree. And they will be properly dealt with once we arrive at our destination," Lucius foreshadows their inevitable downfall.

"Harry say somethin' bad," Harry tries to turn to see how mad his new family and if it's directed at him.

"No baby Harry," Draco is the one to soothe him while the adults quickly try to rein in their tempers. "Your aunty was very naughty and Papa and Uncle Sev are going to make sure she doesn't hurt you no more. Right, Papa?"

"That's right my little Dragon. We will protect young Harry in every way we can."

It only takes another 10 minutes of comfortable silence until they arrive at a very special shopping center. Diagon Alley has been running for as long as the town and beloved all the same. The reason for this placing being so special is the fact that all the shops and eating establishments are specifically catered to Littles of all ages. There were special clothing stores, a toy shop for different age groups, and even the restaurants have appropriate booster seats.

"First we should pick out the clothing and toys, then lunch, and then we can head to pick out furniture while the little ones nap. By that time Severus should be able to run his little errand," Bella maps out their day while looking about at all the shops they will be going to.

"That sounds perfect," Severus agrees while unbuckling Harry.

"Madam Malkin will be expecting us at any moment for a proper fitting. We also need to get them both their school things," Lucius reminds the group as he takes hold of Draco's hand. 

"Harry I need you to stand very still for daddy on the platform while Madam Malkin takes your measurements," Severus explains to a squirming Harry who wants nothing more than to stay in his daddy's arms.

"No Harry stay wif daddy 'cause Harry be good and wanna stay," Harry tries to reason only to be caught off guard and promptly set down on the raised platform.

Tears immediately spring to the little boy's eyes but before his daddy had a chance to soothe them away Madam Malkin was upon the pair having just finished up with Draco.

"I'll only be a moment as long as you stand still, young one. Then you may choose a treat out of the bowl if your father permits it," she speaks in her no nonsense to be that instantly captures Harry's attention long enough for her to finish her work and send them off.

"Harry get sweet?" the little asks shyly when he spots Draco happily sucking on a lollipop.

"Yes you may. Be sure to say thank you after."

"T'ank 'ou Madam Milk," Harry lisp around his new treat.

"You're very welcome little one, just be sure to bring your daddy back to pick up your new clothes."

The toy store that has quickly become a favorite of the small family was only a short walk from Madam Malkin's shop but by the time they had stepped through the door Harry looked about ready to nod off in his daddy's arms.

That is until he sees the mountains upon mountains of toys for little of all ages. Harry immediately squeals from his place in Severus's arms and tries to wiggle down to join Draco in exploring,but he holds hims for a moment longer to speak to his soon-to-be child.

"Stay where I can see you please and when you find a toy you really like come bring it to me," with that Harry is off in his own world, exploring the many shelves and options the store has to offer. Nothing really catches the Little's ehe until Draco calls for farther down one isle.

"Baby Harry come look at this," Harry turns to make sure daddy is still close by having found a cart and filling it with small things to go in his new nursery, before toddling over to the older boy. "Isn't this cool," he holds up a box with the most vibrant colored blocks Harry has ever seen. Not even Dudley had a set this nice.

"Daddy I have?" he turns his big green eyes towards his father unknowingly turning Severus into a pail of putty with those eyes.

"Yes you may." Lucius comes up from behind his serogot younger brother, starling him with a slap on the back.

"He's got you wrapped around his little finger."

Severus gazes at his new son. He can't believe that he's been able to connect with a little of his own, much less be adopting one in just a few hours.

He can't wait for the start of his new life.

I am in no way proud of this chapter, but I feel like I'm drawing out this book. Some of you have probably noticed me favoring Unforgivable quiet a bit so I think I'll be wrapping up this book in next chapter or two. This will not be left incomplete but i just can't write anything else for it.

Next you'll see Hogwarts and the children's sorting.