Chapter 2: Breaking The Rose

I was laying in bed watching Rabbids Invasion on TV. Suddenly, I get a text from Justin:

My Love💖: Hey, I gotta tell u something.. 😕

Me: What is it?

My Love💖: I can't do this anymore with u.. We argue all the time for the most stupid things.. I start yelling, u start crying.. I can't anymore.. It's over Idalis..😥

Me: No, Justin! We've been going out for 9 months now, we can't break up.

My Love💖: Look, I love u, Idalis, I really do., But I just hate seeing u cry all the time.. I don't want to be the reason why u cry. It hurts me to see u like that.

Me: Justin, if u could just please give us another chance..😥

My Love💖: No.. I'm sorry but it's done.. Until i'm ready to love u right.. I'll be the one looking for u.. Goodbye Idalis..😥😕

And that was it. I locked my phone screen, tossed my head back on my pillow and started crying. My relationship being over with Justin is the worst that has ever happened. God knows I loved him with every part of my heart and soul.. But why did we have to end so soon? I didn't know what to do after all of that. Just then, I got a call from the Devil, Ashley. "What do you want?" I snap. "How's you and your Prince Charming?" She asks in her sneaky voice. "We are fine!" I snapped again. "You still go out with him?" "No, we are friends." "Oh" "Why do you care?" "Oh I don't. I just wish you a lot of luck with him.. You know, maybe you guys won't ever get back together." Before I could say anything to her, she hung up. What was that all about?

I just got out of bed, cleaned myself up, got dressed in my white tanktop and black pencil skirt w/ my white sandals, and i went downstairs.

No one was home apparently. The house was quiet. So I called Rochely. "Hello?" She answered. "Where is everyone?" I asked. "Well then, hello to you too, Idalis. 'Manita, today is Friday. You know Mami gotta work late shifts from today until Monday morning. Dad still hasn't gotten off the boat yet. And me, i'm chilling with Janelly." I felt stupid now. "Oh.. Okay" I simply say. "What's wrong, 'Manita? You sound stressed." She asks me. "That's because I am.. Look, we can talk later about it.. I want to take a walk at the park to relax my nerves." I say. "Okay, 'ta bien. See you later 'manita." "Alright." And we hung up. I took a deep breath, and checked myself in the mirror before leaving the house. I looked fine, so I just stepped out, locked the door and began walking to the park.

"Well don't you look a bit too beautiful for the park?" A voice behind me said. I turned around and it was Tony. My heart dropped. "Hi Tony." I said rolling my eyes. "So it's like that now?" It's always been like that! I never liked you! "Whatever. What are you doing here at the park?" I asked him, completely ignoring his irrelevant question. "Nothing really. Just chilling. And yourself?" "Same here." I didn't want to tell him that it was because no one was home and I just so happened to be bored and stressed out. If I told him all of that, he would have gotten ideas. "Well, I gotta go. See you some other time ,Tony." I say, breaking the awkward silence. "What? But you just got here?" He said more like a question instead of a statement. "Yeah, and i'm just leaving." I began to walk away from him. But no, he grabbed my wrist. "Stay awhile. Please?" He begged. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Fine. Whatever."

We sat on the benches and he started off the conversation. "So you just got out of a relationship, huh?" I looked at him. "How do you know?" He bit his lip. "I can tell. In the way you talk to me and your actions and attitude says it all. It's obvious you just got your heartbroken.. For real this time." I looked in the other direction. Tony was obviously waiting for this moment to come. He's been trying to get with me ever since I was with Justin! He just doesn't understand, it's never happening! "Look, Tony. I know that you have been waiting for this moment to come. The moment that I didn't belong to Justin anymore. I know. But i'm not just gonna turn my back on him just to be yours. It makes no sense." He looks at me puzzled. "Idalis, but your'e a really beautiful and talented girl, and you need to be kept by a man who truly loves you. Not by a guy who's just gonna give up the 9 months he's spent with you on some stupid arguments you've had with him!" "Tony you-" "How many times have you came to me talking about how heartbroken you were after every argument you had with him? How many times have you came to me talking about 'this is the second time he said he was breaking up with me'. That's not true love when a relationship goes on and off repeatedly. It's either it's meant to be,when it lasts long, or it's not when it fails."

It hurt me when Tony was telling me all of that. It hurt because it was true. I love Justin too much that I just can't seem to let go. "Sure, you may have planned a future with him but you're too madly in love with him that you're distracted to even think about your future. When was the last time that he was the first to say 'happy anniversary'? Whenever you did something wrong, has he ever found the courage to forgive you and give you numerous amounts of chances like you did to him?" Now that I thought about it, no he hasn't found the courage to forgive me because it was always an argument we winded up getting into. Tears began to roll down my face. Tony is right. I'm madly in love with this man that I can't seem to think about anything.

"I really must go. I'm sorry, I can't stay here any longer." I got up but Tony grabbed my wrist again. He was looking into my eyes. It felt like he was looking through my soul. He said, " I will always be here for you. If he still cared about you, he would've stayed." He let go of me and I walked away. But I stopped in my tracks, turned around and ran back to hug him with tears in my eyes.

It was sunset. I checked my phone to see if I had gotten anything from Justin. Nope. Not a thing. I began walking on the beach and daydreaming about me and Justin if we were still together at this moment. We would be walking hand in hand, barefoot, laughing and smiling with eachother, and telling eachother how much we love one another. Then he would tell me how beautiful I looked and I would start blushing like crazy. That's when he would turn me to face him, we would look at eachother in the eye and perform our very special True Love's Kiss.. How can I possibly replace someone like him? Should I forget about everything we had and move on? Or should I just wait until he comes back to me? God.. please.. please give me a sign of what I should do.. please.