Chapter 9: El Consejo

After Romeo left last night after our mini party, mom and dad came into my room minutes later after my shower. Yes, I was dressed I sat on my bed and dad sat beside me. "So, you're his Queen, eh?" he said. Mom stayed standing up in front of us. I blushed. "Dad, it's not what it looks like. We're just friends for right now." He shook his head. "That's not what that kiss told everyone last night." "Mijita you're in love with Romeo. A celebrity who's 3 years older than you!" (made up age *22- years old.. he's 33 in real life.. I wanted his age to fit with the story.) Mami chimed in. I rolled my eyes. Does she always have to mention age? She's 4 years younger than dad! No one tells them anything! "Ma, you and dad are four years apart. Nadie te ha dicho na'. Y si yo me enamoro de Romeo, you guys don't have to worry because he's in love with me too." I think I proved my point.

"Baby, I'm not telling you anything. If you're in love with him, I think you two should get together. If that'll make you happy." Mami told me. "Wait, but you're still with that Joseph." Dad will never get Justin's name right. "Dad, his name is Justin and no I am not." I grouched. He made a sigh of relief. "Good, I never liked him anyway." He was right. Dad and Justin never had a great relationship. They were sarcastic with eachother all the time.

Mom had to talk Dad into letting me go out with Justin. It was a shame that she even had to do that. See, Justin had a pretty bad reputation before we got together. My Dad and his Dad on the same boat so I would know everything about what's going on with Justin. Our fathers are cool with eachother, it's just that Dad isn't cool with Justin because of his attitude and all. Justin was a player, he drinks (he still does), he used to smoke (but he dropped it for me), and he has anger issues which make him seem dangerous. During our relationship, when he was mad about something -angry- he would let it out on me. He would ignore me, yell at me, and it would just be like I wasn't even his girlfriend. But he never put his hands on me. Besides play fighting, he never put his hands on me.

"Alright mija, we can talk about this tomorrow." Mami gave me a kiss on my cheek and Dad gave me a kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight baby." Dad told me. " Night dad, buenas noches Ma." I called after they left. Anyways, back to what I was saying before my 'goodnights' were said. The very first day that Dad was introduced to Justin by me, it went okay, but not too good. It was somewhere around October 3rd, 2013. Last year. "Dad, this is a friend of mine, his name is Justin." Was what I had said. Dad gave him the 'I heard about you' look and it wasn't the good one.

"Hello, Justin." Dad muttered shaking his hand. Justin was already in a bad mood. "Hi." he murmured. I remember looking at both of them and Dad got up and went into the office room. "What was that all about?" I asked Justin. "Nothing. Your father just doesn't like me and neither do I." "So you've met him before?" "Yes. My dad introduced me to him after he- your father- bailed me out of jail." "What?! You went to jail?" I yelled. "Relax. It was a false arrest. The police thought that I had weed in 'my' car I was driving in. The car wasn't even mine. It was Pedro's car. He was the one who got arrested after I got bailed out because he confessed." "So, my dad bailed you out?" "Yeah. Then my dad always told him about what type of trouble I got into. Now your old man doesn't like me." "I'll talk to him about everything." "Yeah, you do that because your mom understands. But your dad doesn't. If he doesn't understand me soon enough.. we can't be togther." I looked at him. "You're kidding. We can't be together as friends?" "You'll see what I mean when the time comes." Was all he said before he got up and left.

October 15 came. It was a Tuesday. We were still in school and we were in Science class for fifth period. The good thing was that we had a substitute. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was sitting at my desk talking to my girls and Justin was at the table on the other side. All of a sudden, Kesse -both Justin and my friend- comes up to me and says, "Justin likes you." I was still writing in my notebook. "No he doesn't." I said. "Yes he does. He just told me to come and tell you!" "Well then, if that's the case, tell him to come and tell me himself." "Okay." I watched him go over to Justin. He was talking but I couldn't hear exactly what he said. Justin gets up from his seat looking at me. My heart dropped down to my stomach. No matter what type of look he gives me, his looks cut through my skin.

He seemed pretty shy walking over to me. He hesitated to go back to his seat but Kesse was right behind him pushing him more towards my direction. "You can go now." Justin told Kesse. I smiled a bit. "Idalis." I looked up at him. He took a deep breath before saying the words, "Will you go out with me?" I saw Kesse with two of his thumbs up and him nodding his head fast. I laughed. Then I looked at Justin again. "Yes. Yes I will go out with you." I nodded my head. Justin came behind me and hugged me from the back. It felt like we had just gotten married because I heard a lot of the guys who were sitting at Justin's table, clapping and cheering. Then everyone else who missed the moment started asking, "What happened? Why were you guys clapping?" Soon enough, the word was spreading quick around the school. It was official, Idalis Alvarez and Justin Delenio were going out. On that same day, 10.15.13 became a date that everyone remembered and pleaded to us that it would never be over between us since we were a "power couple." But here we are 9 months and already broken up. I don't think 10.15.13 will ever come back to life. Once we get back to school, everyone will be begging us to get back together, they'll be asking why we broke up in the first place, and others would probably get us back together in any possible way they know how. Hopefully. If not, i'm going with Romeo if Justin doesn't come back. Ever.

She's Mineजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें