Chapter 5: Drama Flies Away

After getting dressed, me and Rochely got in the car and drove to the concert. It was packed with so many Dominicans and no racist stuff or nothing but I saw not one black person there. There was tons of screaming and screaming. We walked in the concert and sat in our seats. We had front row seats and I was excited! We were literally in front of everyone else! "Oh my God I can't wait 'til he shows up!!" I told Rochely. I was cheesing so hard my cheeks were hurting. "Girl, relax. It's not like he's gonna put you on stage with him or something." She answered playfully rolling her eyes. Rochely is a fan of Romeo but she's not as much of a fan as me! Suddenly, the introduction of the concert starts. Instrumentals of his music was playing and we all started screaming.

All of a sudden, it gets dark. Lights off and everything. Then, the spotlight goes on the stage but I saw nothing. "Where is- OH MY GOD!!!! OH MY GOD!!! BABY!!!!!!!" I yelled. He rose up from under the stage floor and started walking up to his microphone which was right in front of me.

"Chica, you got the best seat ever!" A girl behind me said. "I know!" I agreed. I looked up at Romeo and I was cheesing harder this time and screaming under my breath. He looked so freakin' gorgeous in his white muscle shirt and black skinny ankle pants! His shoe game was on point too, but his hair? Oh baby he's fine! His voice though... amazingly sexy. Rochely was singing along with me to Cancioncitas De Amor and Romeo caught me looking at him. He winked at me and touched my left hand. I had the only sensation go through my body and I squealed at it. Rochely touched him too. "Hey, watch it. He's mine!" I told her nudging her shoulder. She laughed at me. "You think i'm joking.. i'm serious." She rolled her eyes and kept singing. When Romeo finished singing, he started talking. "So how you ladies feeling tonight?" He yelled. Everyone screamed but I was the only one who yelled, "I LOVE YOU!" He looked down at me, chuckled and said, "I love you too baby." And blew me a kiss. I swear to everything I almost passed out, Rochely's mouth dropped open and I laughed in her face. "Listen ladies, I need a girl to sing with me." He said. Everyone went wild. I wanna sing! "Necesito una dama que tiene una voz bien sexy. I want her to sing Obsesion with me." That sensation went through my body again. He has to pick me. The rest of the Dominican chicks in this place all got boob and butt jobs.. I'm natural!

I raised my hand up and Rochely said, "'Manita, he won't - WHAT!??" I was on stage with Romeo Santos! "Hello there beautiful. Como te llamas, my love?" He asked me. I blushed. "Idalis." I answered smiling. "That's a nice name, Ma." "Thank you." "Yeah. Este cancion que vamos a cantar ahora, you know it?" "Yeah." "Estas segura? Porque he tenido muchas mujeres que no lo sabia. You sure you know it Ma?" I nodded. "Okay" The instrumental of Obsesion started playing and Romeo looked at me while singing. When he sung the "Pensando en tu belleza" part he caressed my face. I looked down and smiled. When my part came, I sung it and he looked amazed. I looked to the crowd and they loved it. Some girls looked at me with envy but I didn't care. Rochely was frozen with her mouth open.. again.

"Voy a hacerte carisias que no se han inventado." Romeo sang to me. He got closer to me and kissed me. I looked into his eyes and I thought to myself, this isn't a fantasy.. this isn't a fantasy! He really just kissed me! "Dale un applauso a la bella Idalis!" He yelled to the crowd. I turned to them with his arm around me. I felt famous at that moment. I turned my eyes to the left and I caught a pair of eyes that I didn't expect to see. Justin's eyes. He looked at me like he was hurt.. Half of me didn't care but the other half did. Romeo saw him looking at me the way he was and turned me to face him. "Ese es tu novio?" He asks me. "Mi ex." I answer. "El te quiere todavia?" "I don't think so." I looked to the ground and he lifted my chin up softly and looked into my eyes. "This goes to every woman that's here right now. En este momento. If you feel just like her, and you came here to get over the drama with your man, listen ladies, he screwed up on you. Hay muchas mujeres bellas aqui que no tienen que sufrir por su hombre. Idalis, baby, you look beautiful tonight. And i bet even when you get all that makeup off your face, you still look beautiful Ma. Te invito.. a cenar con migo mañana en la noche. Do you accept?" Oh my God! My face lit up completely! I cannot believe he was asking me to a dinner.. with him! "Yes.. Yo lo accepto." I answered. He smiled. He took a mini card out from his pocket and put it in my hand. He kissed my cheek and I went back to my seat.

"Asi se tiene que tratar a las mujeres! If you a man who's here and you hurt your girl or broke up with her but she was the best girl you ever had.. You a messed up fool, man. And if you here with another girl and not her.. You're a disgrace.. I left my woman 'cause she hurt me. She treated me like trash and I wasn't feeling her no more. Me usaba por mi dinero.. Claro que si la iba dejar con su tontera." He explained. The rest of the show went great. I had a great time and so did Rochely. We left at around 1 in the morning and I was kind of tired. What was Justin doing there though? Whatever.. I won't even stress about it. Tomorrow night I have a very big date with someone who could surely be my True Love. "'Manita, seems like you had fun, huh?" Rochely nudged my shoulder when we walked in the house. "Yes! Oh my God, and you said he wasn't gonna put me on stage!" I said. "Whatever, but yo, you got the good pipes 'mani!" "Thank you" "I didn't know you could sing Chica! Why didn't you tell me?" "I don't know. I guess I was shy and I wasn't planning on telling you." "Wow. And you got a date with him tomorrow night? Girl, you gonna be a billionare if he asks you to be his wife!" I thought about it all. Idalis Marie Alvarez Santos. Perfect. "Well, i'm gonna go get some sleep right now. See you in the morning 'Chely" "Buenas noches 'manita."

We both went into our rooms and I shut my eyes. Romeo Santos.. my Savior.. my everything. Was that man you in my dream? I hope so..