Chapter 10: That Side of Me

A typical Tuesday morning is what I woke up to. My mind is still sore from thinking about Justin last night. My mind and half my heart is telling me, "Just forget about him. He already proved to you that he doesn't love you anymore." But my soul is telling me, "He saved you from your last relationship with Hernan." Hernan was my abusive ex- boyfriend. Here's how it went. 1 look from a boy to me + Hernan right next to me + A look from me to a boy = An exclusive harsh beating at home from Hernan. Hernan and I went out two years ago. Now he's in jail for battery. He did hit me with things too. I recovered my body at the hospital and now I look better than ever.

I got up from my bed, did my hygienes and went downstairs in my peach cropped tanktop and my black high waist shorts with my caramel moccasins. I left my hair down. "Goodmorning everyone!" I greeted. The family was downstairs eating breakfast and socializing. "Morning 'manita." "Goodmorning baby." "Goodmorning nena." "OH Jesus! You sure did sleep well enough to dress like that!" That was the obnoxious Christian. Just because he's my older sister's boyfriend, does not necessarily mean that he can control what I wear or whatever. I rolled my eyes. "She's probably going to see Romeo." Hector scoffed. "Dejala en paz! Besides, it's none of your business of why she dresses the way she does. It's her style! Velda que si, Nena?" Mami yelled from the kitchen. "Yes Ma. And plus, I have no plans for today yet." I said. "YET!" The boys yelled together. They're so annoying! "Nena come get your breakfast." Mami commanded. As I was going into the kitchen, Janelly was walking out. "Goodmorning princess!" I said with my arms open wide for a hug. She just walked past me rolling her eyes. Oh no. No no no. My 4 year old niece said i'm a Dub? Oh noo. Mami started laughing. "She's mad at you." "Obviously! What did I do?" Janelly dubbed me in the first time in 4 years! The only times she dubbed me by mistake was when she kept getting those toy buckets stuck on her head and she couldn't see! Don't ask 😒. "Supuestamente, you took her man." Mami tells me. I got irritated. "Ay! She always does that! When she first saw Hector, he told her that he was dique 'Prince Royce'. She fell for it for like a good 2 weeks and then when she saw him with Elizabeth, she gave her that same attitude." "Nena, your niece is something else." "You telling me! Rochely! Your daughter needs a little consejo about staying in her place!" I yelled. Rochely laughed. "Hi Daddy." I walked over to my old man. My dad is only like 53 and he still looks young and handsome! "Hey baby." He said, stuffing his mouth with eggs. "Dad, can we hang out today?" "Yeah. Actually not today but tomorrow." "Why tomorrow?" "It's a surprise. Pack your bags 'cause we leave at 4 'o clock in the morning." "Just me and you?" "Yeah. I mean your mom goes back to work tomorrow right before we leave, Hector's leaving tomorrow afternoon to Malibu, and Rochely and Christian have their own plans." "But where are we going?" "It's a surprise. Romeo can come if he wants. I'd rather him be with us than that Justin." I laughed. "Ok, i'll call to see what's up." I hugged Dad and finished my breakfast.

" 'Manita! Ponte Rapido!" Rochely tugged my arm. "What? What is it?" She pulled me towards the office room entrance. "Guess what?!" "What?" I was anxious yet excited. " I'm moving out soon!" I looked at her.😑 "What's the whole big thing you had to tell me?" "That was it. I'm moving!" "Girl, I thought it was something serious. I thought you were gonna tell me that you were having another baby.😑" "Well, are you happy?" "Yeah. Yeah. Congratulations." "Maybe you can move in with us?" "No, I'd rather stay here." "Why?" "I was born in this house! And if I move, I think about it or something. Maybe my own place." "Okay.." I could tell she was hurt. But she'll get over it. We both turned around and saw Ma and Dad kissing.

"OH MY GOODNESS CON EL YIELO!" Rochely yelled. Everyone laughed. "It was a dare from the boys, relax." Mami chuckled. "Mhmm." We answered. My phone starting ringing, it was Romeo. I went outside and answered the call.

Me: Hey

My Future💖: Hola my love

Me: Listen, my dad is having a surprise trip tomorrow. Just me and him. Well, do you want to join us? We leave tomorrow at 4 in the morning.