Introduction

Elise's pov

*SLAP* The force makes me fall backwards and i hit my head on the dresser behind me. Another kick is aimed for my head and i quickly pull up my arms trying to protect myself. Dad stumbles back a little and i take that as a chanse to run for my room. "GET BACK HERE YOU BITCH!" Heavy fotsteps follow me as i run for my life. I barely get the door closed and locked before he's there throwing himself at it. He never tries for long though and after a few minutes the door is completly still a the yelling and cursing moves on to the living room downstairs instead. I let out a sigh of relief. Now i have at least a few hours to get everything together and leave. I let my fingers grasp the medalion around my neck, longing in my heart. The poor little boy who lived neighbors with us a year ago went trough my head. His name was Laddie and i met him while i was sneaking out from my dads beating. The brownheaded boy was thin as a stick and scared of his own shadow, he started crying when i gave him a sandwich. After that i started taking care of him the best i could. His dad was just like mine and i did my best to keep Laddie around me so he wouldn't have to go back to his dad to often. But around a year ago Laddie snuck out and dissapered. I still remember the feeling of happines and the longing to be with the boy i considerd my own.

Shaking my head i begin to pack some clothes and cash i saved up. If i hurry i should be able to catch the next bus to Santa Carla.