Chapter eleven

Elise pov

The lights on the boardwalk shone bright as the night went on. After the (to me) mortifying moment of waking up and realizing I'd been clinging to Dwayne the whole day and the guys snickering at my embarrassment David decided that it was time to go out.

Since the boys were going to do something (they didn't say what) i decided to tackle the problem with Star. "You don't like me." I state, shaking my head when she looks like she's going to disagree. "I'm not blind, and you are nowhere near as subtle as you want to be with your glaring." I sigh.  "I'm not gonna lie, i think i have a kinda good grasp on why you hate me, at least when it comes to Laddie. You think i took your place, that i ruined whatever motherly image you had." Star's jaw dropped and i continued. "You can keep hating me if it makes you feel better, but when it comes to Laddie, there is no way in hell I'm going to let anyone decide his life for him again."

Third pov

After speaking her mind she took her leave. Laddie had went with her boys so she took a walk along the boardwalk. She wasn't sure when she'd started referring to them as her boys but it felt right in a weird way. The pain she'd felt the night, the hunger clawing inside her had ebbed away to a dull aching.
It confused her since nothing seemed appetizing, hell she'd tried to eat a sandwich earlier and it came up almost as fast again.

"Elise, hey!" Sam came running, a smile on his face. "How are you doing?" Elise smiled. "Hey kiddo, I'm good. You?" They continued walking. "Good, Michael's acting weird though." He explained his brothers action from the night before. "That's weird. Maybe it'll go away?" She didn't really have any explanation to offer but Sam didn't seem to mind.

When she went back to the meeting point later Laddie ran to her. "Hi there buddy." She smiled and lifted him up. He had chocolate covering his mouth. "Marko gave me chocolate." He gave her one of those smiles only a kid can give. She raised an eyebrow, a smile tugging on her lips. "He did, did he? I guess we know who's making sure you take a bath." The two of them giggled as Marko protested. "But Paul gave him chocolate too!" Elise couldn't help but laugh louder. "Then i guess you're getting help."

"Aw chicka." Paul pouted before laughing with Marko.

Time skip

After a great deal of grumbling Laddie had gotten his bath and was saftely tucked into bed. Star had went to bed too so it was only Elise, Marko, Paul, David and Dwayne left awake.

David sat in his usual spot, Marko was with his birds, Paul sat on one of the couches with Dwayne and Elise sat on the floor with her back leaning against the second couch. "How did you get to know Laddie?" Paul asked not really expecting and answer.

"We lived beside each other... I found him outside one night and, i just started taking care of him." She didn't offer any details but they could guess how they met. The first time they met Laddie he was a textbook example of an abused kid. It took weeks before he actually talked to them and months before he truly warmed up to them. And then, a few times, he told them about a girl that took care of him, gave him food. He never wanted to tell them more than that so it was quite the shock when he'd come walking with Elise not even two weeks before.

Elise sighed. "I'll tell you more some day.." The pains from before came back, hitting her with full force. "Argh." Her arms wrapped around her middle and her face paled. Someone stroked her back. "Hold on princess, it's over soon."

Marko frowned. 'We're going to have to take her feeding soon.' David nodded. 'I know. We'll take her feeding with Michael.' Elise curled into a ball while Dwayne held her. After a few more seconds of pain she passed out. "Take her to her bed, i have to go talk to Max." He nodded and did as David said.

Dwayne pov

Elise looks so small and fragile as she sleeps. I cover her with a blanket before going back to Paul and Marko.

Looks like Elise is experiencing the downsides of being a half vampire.
What do you think Michael thinks about this?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)