Chapter sixteen

Third pov

The sun shone on the car that parked on the bluff. The Frog brothers checked their weapons before going down, followed by Sam and Michael.

"Holy shit."
"Vampire hotel."

They found Elise sleeping on her bed. "Here's one, come one let's stake her now."

"Don't you touch her! Stay away from her!" Michael pushed past them to Elise. "Come on, vampires have such rotten tempers." Michael gently woke the white haired girl. "Elise."

Sam followed Alan and Edgar. "I'll be right back Mike."

"Elise, I'm taking you out of here." Elise was disoriented and barely awake. "Mike? What are you doing here?" She wondered where her boys were. When he covered her with a blanket she got the feeling that something was wrong, she called out. "David!" Her voice wasn't exactly loud as she was still not fully awake.

Michael hushed her. "I'm not going to hurt you." She fell back into an uneasy sleep as he reached the stairs.

While he got Laddie and Star as well, Sam, Alan and Edgar had reached Paul, Marko, Dwayne and David.

"Jesus!" Sam let out a scream. They had expected coffins, not vampires hanging from the ceiling. "I thought they were supposed to be in coffins."

"That's what this place is. One giant coffin." Sam held the lantern as Edgar and Alan climbed up the old ladder by the wall. "Right now they're at their most vulnerable."

Alan chimed in. "Easy pickings."

"Remember, we just have to kill the leader." Edgar got closer to Marko. "We don't know which one the leader is, so we'll just have to kill them all."

"Start with the little one. First come, first staked."

Sam made a face at Alan's words. "What was that? Some vampire humor? Not funny."

As Edgar raised his hand to stake Marko Sam protested. He had a feeling this would go very wrong.

"Goodnight blood sucker."

Elise whimpered and curled into herself. Excruciating pain in her chest. For a moment it brought her out of her sleep and left her gasping for breath. It felt like a part of her soul was dying.

When it stopped again she blacked out.

"Start the car! Sam and the Frog brothers came running up the stairs, leaving a coven of furious vampires behind.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)