Chapter seventeen

Third pov

The bed Elise woke up on was not her own. It actually smelled faintly of Michael. Michael. Where the hell was she?

She looked around the room before remembering the feeling of dying earlier. Her hands flew to her chest, the uncomfortable hole like feeling was still there. Something was very, very wrong. A faint memory of hearing Sam and the Frog brothers inside the cave made itself known in her mind. The self-proclaimed vampire hunters.

Elise pov

Did they stab one of them? They must have. Shit, shit, shit!

Maybe whoever they stabbed isn't dead yet?

Oh, who am i trying to fool. There is no way for them to treat a wound in the middle of the day. The daylight would burn them....

For a few minutes the grief is swallowing me whole. Drowning me.

"Elise?" Laddie opened the door and peaked inside. "Laddie? Come here." He rushed over and hugged me like his life depended on it. "They're saying Marko is dead." His voice is quiet and has the same nervousness that it used to have when i first met him. Like he's waiting for a someone to scream at him. "They won't let me leave. Star says that it's a bad idea, that they don't want to see us. Why don't they want to see us? Have we done something wrong?" He's full on sobbing as he clings to me.

"We haven't done anything wrong. I'm going to go talk to them and sort this out. Can you stay here for me while i do that?" It took a while before he nodded, big fat tears still fallling as he curls up with a blanket on the bed.

Third pov

Never before had Elise felt such a mixture of anger and grief, and she was fuming at Star. She had never wanted to hurt someone before but Star had pushed her far. She pushed the sadness over Marko to the farthest corner of her mind as she found everyone preparing the house for the remaining guys coming for vengeance.

"First, you whine and whine about being a half vampire, then you plant whatever idea it is you have in someone else's head so they can "rescue" you, then you betray the trust we had in you." Star flinched at the poisonous tone in Elise voice. "There was no other wa-"

"BULLSHIT! And after you help lead them-" She pointed at the Frog brothers and Sam. "To the cave, resulting in Marko's death, you tell Laddie that the only good male role models he has ever had is angry at him. Didn't you listen to a fucking thing i said? What the hell is it that you're trying to accomplish?"

"I want to be human again." Star's voice was so quiet that Elise was the only one that heard her. "You're willing to destroy a family for that? The family that brought you in, made sure you had something to eat and a place to sleep. Marko is dead. What are you planning to do after this? What do you have to return to?" Elise was staring at her in disbelief. All this because she wanted to be human again. Had she even tried asking if it was possible at all?

Now her attention was drawn to Michael. "And you. What in the bloody hell possessed you to show them where the cave was?"

"Listen up blood sucker, the only way to get back to normal is to kill the sire. That's what we're going to do." Edgar tried to look tough but Elise just let out a disbelieving laugh. "And if you can't, what do you do then?"

Without waiting for an answer from any of them she glared at Star and Michael, traitors in her eyes and went back to Laddie. The gaping hole in her chest hurt with every step she took.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)

The lost boys lost mate (FINISHED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara