Chapter fifteen

Elise pov

We stop a short distance from a surf nazi party. Dwayne helped me up in a tree together with the others and reculant Michael. Michael and i share a confused look. What are we doing here?

"Initiations over. Time to join the club."

Third pov

Elise sat, frozen in shock as she watched them descend upon the surf nazis. She only reacted when she felt herself falling out of the tree together with Michael. "Oof-" She groaned as she fell on top of him.

"So now you know what we are." David began. "And now you know what you are." Elise couldn't find it in her to be scared of them. Dwayne helped her as she went up to them. They watched as she cupped his bloody cheek with her hand. She'd unconsciously accepted them.

The ride back was quiet. David motioned for the others to continue down as Elise tugged on his arm. "I have a lot of questions."

"I know."

"Why did you let me stay?" She was confused. They were vampires while she was a normal runaway. There was hundreds of them in Santa Carla every year. Did they need something to snack on later?

David frowned as he heard what she was thinking. "You're our mate, not a snack. Though you do look delicious." He winked. Elise blushed.

"I'm a vampire now?" He nodded. "Yeah. Or rather a half vampire, until your first feed."

They went inside. The other boys had stayed up, all wanting to see if Elise was angry with them. "What am i to you?" She asked as she sat between Paul and Marko.

"You are our mate. Our other half. It's a little hard to explain. You feel safe around us, right?"

She nodded.

"A fully mated pair can feel each others feelings and hear each others thoughts. Covens can do that anyways but it's easier for mates. Mates stay together for life, they love and protect each other. For a vampire the attraction is instant but for a human it can take longer to feel the bond." David explained to the best of his abilities. Max had explained this to him before, but that was a long time ago and he could barley remember most of it.

A part of Elise wanted to be angry with them for not telling her. Another part of her understood why they had waited. If they had told her immediately she would never have come with them. She would have thought they were crazy.

Besides, the only thing they had done was give her somewhere to live, food and safety she hadn't felt since her mom was alive.

She could admit to herself that she did love them.

Suddenly the scars on her back burned, reminding her how she ended up there in the first place. Even if they said they loved her now. Would it last if they found out what she came from?

"Alright sweets, you don't have to think about it too much right now. Just remember that i meant what i said earlier. We will never hurt you." Dwayne said before kissing the top of her head. They all could see she was starting to grow exhausted and they needed to go to sleep themselves, the rising sun reminded them of that.
Paul and Marko both kissed her forehead and followed Dwayne to the sleeping pole.

Once they were gone Elise looked at David. "What if, what if i have things i haven't told you. Dark things. Do you still think you could love me after knowing that?"

David got up and went to her. "You are our mate, there is nothing that could stop us from loving you. I'm not too good at these things but i think you would love yourself if you could see yourself like we do."

She gave him a tired smile. "I hope you're right about that."

David carried her over to her bed, a frown on his face. He didn't like the thought of something that would make Elise doubt her ability to be loved. He covered her with a blanket before joining his brothers.

(And a surprise for you)

Earlier that night/ Star

Star knew that they would be angry at her for doing this, but Michael was her only out from this life.

"Don't kill anyone until we get back to you!" She heard Michael's little brother yell after her.

Ohhh, Star, what are you doing?
Now Elise knows what they are and she has realized that maybe her past isn't going to be as burried as she hoped...

David was actually quite hard to write in this chapter but i think i did a decent job.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)