Chapter thirteen

Third pov

Michael's eyes closed for a moment as Elise whispered. "I don't know Michael." She moved his hands and stepped back. She sighed before looking back to Laddie.

She was beginning to grow tired as sunrise came closer. "You can wait for the guys if you want. I'm going to bed." She laid down beside Laddie, her eyelids dropping. She knew she would need to find out what's happening to her and Michael eventually, right now though, she was too damn tired to care. The last thing she heard was Michael moving around as sleep claimed her.

David hadn't expected for their new fledgling to show up at the cave while they were out. And none of the boys were happy about him having been alone with their mate.

Dwayne checked on Elise and Laddie.

Michael had passed out on a couch, too tired to stay awake long enough to confront David.

The four of them went back to the sleeping pole, deciding to do something about their fledglings tomorrow.

Time skip

For once Elise was the first one awake. She sat in the opening of the cave, listening to the waves crash against the cliff side, when her ears picked up on soft footsteps coming closer. They weren't light enough to belong to Laddie and the boys wore boots, that left Star.

"You know, i don't really have anything against you." She told the girl. "Hell, i don't know you well enough to have a solid opinion on you. I just don't like that you treat Laddie like a pet."

Star protested immediately. "I don't treat him like a pet!" She sounded honestly offended.

"Yes you do. And not a well liked one either. My first night on the boardwalk i found him after you left him all alone. And from what i got to know it was far from the first time. He's eight years old! The last thing you do with kids is leave them unsupervised." She took a short pause to breath. "Do you know anything about the family he came from?" Star shook her head, for the first time an unsure look in her eyes. "He lived in the house beside mine. When i first met him, he was skin, bone and scars. I, i started getting him food when i could, hiding him from his dad when i could.
His dad was just as shitty as mine, at least i had a loving mother until she died. His mother, she was a junkie. Too high and out of it to even realize she had a kid." Her hands balled into fists, the familiar anger coursing through her veins.

"One day i told him that if he ever got the chance to run, he needed to take it. Choose a road and follow it, even if it meant leaving me behind." She paused. "I raised Laddie, i loved him, fed him, cared for him when the world wouldn't.  When i found out that he had found people that welcomed him and cared for him, i was happy. That is why hearing you whine about not wanting to be here, how you talk about 'what's best for Laddie' while still being so negligent that you leave him alone on the boardwalk, that pisses me off big time. You and i, we can be friends, if you change your attitude."

She looked into Star's eyes and held her gaze. "You need to remember one thing though, i raised Laddie, he is my son and i would give him the world if i could."

Oooh, Elise told Star how she's feeling.
Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)