Chapter twenty

Third pov

Elise made sure Laddie was safe at the Emerson house. She knew that he wasn't happy about being left there for a few hours but seemed to understand why.

Her feet took her disheveled form over the boardwalk and into the woods, energy she thought she would never regain going through her vains. She hoped, prayed quietly that they would be there. She needed them to be there. She pushed the voice whispering What if they're not? To the back of her head.

By the time she'd reached the bluff her feet hurt and her face and arms had several cuts from branches hitting her as she ran.

The steps felt like normal under her feet and she took the last jump with relative ease.

The cave looked untouched. Her bed was just like when Michael had taken her. The pieces of the bottle laid by the wall. Markos birds flew away when she moved.  But she couldn't see them.

She felt her knees being cut by something as she sank to the floor. Why weren't they here?

A soft groan came from one of the tunnels seending her to her feet again.

The tunnel was quite small and terribly cold as she got through it. The blond curly hair she saw was worth it. "Marko!"

He looked pale and the wound in his chest looked painful. His eyes widned as he saw her. "Elise?"

Marko moved to hug his sot covered mate. She shook as she clung to him. "I thought you were dead..." It didn't take long before she was full on sobbing. She refused to let go and Marko settled down on the ground with her on his lap.

After some time another presence joined them and Dwayne took a seat beside them, gently stroking her hair. "Are you hurt?" She shook her head. The only thing that had hurt was begining to mend in their presence.

I know it's short, it was a choice of mine. And guys PLEASE leave comments! It does wonders for motivation.