The Invisible Illusion

A/N Okay, so now I'm typing on a computer, and it's so much better! I can't believe I didn't write on one sooner! Anyway, this is the second part. Enjoy! Oh, and by the way, in the Slytherin Common Room, you're like the perfect pure-blood princess, but in the Gryffindor Common Room, you're totally different. Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters in this story, but I do own the story.

Right When The Sorting Hat Sorted You Into Gryffindor And Slytherin:

Harry's POV

I was as stunned as anyone else in the hall, possibly even more. Everyone had a shocked expression on their faces, and even Y/n had a mildly surprised expression. I stared at Professor McGonaGall, who was whispering urgently to Professor Dumbledore. 

He whispered urgently back, and Professor McGonaGall got her stoic, emotionless face back, although a little confusion and fear showed. Most of the hall was now whispering. I caught some of them. 

"Slytherin and Gryffindor? No way..." 

"Nothing like that's ever happened in the history of Hogwarts..." 

"Gosh, that would take a lot of Dark magic. Do you think she's a Death Eater?" 

My blood boiled at these words. How dare they?! Y/n heard them too, apparently. Her face remained emotionless, but her gaze turned much sharper and she glared at the person who said those words. That person, a fifth-year Ravenclaw, winced and retreated. 

Professor McGonaGall cleared her throat. Everyone's gaze snapped to her. "Y/n, you may go sit at the Gryffindor table for today. I will give you other information when we are alone." she said, her voice very slightly shaking. Y/n didn't even blink, just gave a curt nod, swept off the Hat, and came striding towards the Gryffindor table. 

Some people retreated as she came closer, but twice as many people leaned forward, trying to get a closer look at Y/n. I prayed that she would come sit next to me, and that wish was granted. She noticed me, smiled, and came walking over to me. 

"Hey," she said the moment she sat down. I tried for a smile (and failed miserably) and said, 

"Hey. So, what was that all about?" 

Y/n shrugged nonchalantly. "I dunno. Let's eat. I'm starving." she said, a warning edge to her voice. I understood and began piling food onto my plate. Y/n also began pushing food onto her plate, just a lot less. 

"Why aren't you eating? You need your nutritions for tomorrow." I chided her. 

She smiled warily at me and muttered, "Yes, Dad." She rolled her eyes. I shoved some drumsticks onto her plate. "Hey!" Y/n complained. 

"Just eat!" I told her, then began eating. It was really delicious.

As soon as the others saw us eating, they also began piling and eating food, but they still stared at us. A beetle was crawling along the table. Y/n picked it up and studied it with mild interest. 

"Hmm." she stared at it. The tiny legs churned in the air and it squirmed, but it couldn't escape. "I haven't ever seen this kind of beetle before. I might as well study it." She showed the beetle to me. It was unusually fat, and it had strange markings around its eyes, like glasses. She then pulled out a small jar, cast a spell on it, and dropped the beetle inside.  I stared at her in wonderment. 

"What kind of spell was that?" I asked her. She shrugged again and said, "Just a simple Unbreakable Charm. Nothing special." Then she went back to eating. I was confused.