Lost my voice.

A/N I KEEP IMAGINING THE CHARACTERS AS THESE THIRTEEN YEAR-OLDS AND I FEEL LIKE THE RELATIONSHIP IS PROGRESSING TOO SOON AND I FEEL LIGHTHEADED AGHHHHHHHH

I feel like my writing skills have deteriorated in the much-too-long break I've taken, so I'm really disappointed in this chapter... hopefully the next one will be better. 

But anyways, enjoy (hopefully) this chapter! 

Your POV 

I didn't mean to, but I melted into Draco's warm embrace. I carded my fingers through Draco's gelled hair, wishing it was soft and messy rather than rough like this. My heart beat irregularly, and my body was tingling from head to toe. 

Draco's hand rose to rest on my nape, heavy and comforting. His mouth moved against mine smoothly, and I wondered if he'd kissed anyone else before. He seemed rather experienced in this entire kissing thing. 

When we finally broke apart after what seemed like ages, I was pretty sure I looked like a tomato even in the dark. 

I could see that Draco, however, was smiling widely. I moved a hand to punch his shoulder lightly. 

"S-stop smiling," I mumbled, feeling my cheeks heat up again when he wrapped an arm around my waist. 

"I'm your first kiss, aren't I?" he asked, smirking. I flushed for the third time in the last five minutes. 

"Sh-shut up." 

"Aha!" Draco's grin widened. "So I am!" 

I glared at him, although I wasn't really angry. "If you keep doing that, I'll hex you until you look like a horned bird with pus-filled bubbles all over it's feathers." 

Draco chuckled. "That's the thing I love most about you, you know. You're so... feisty and fiery, and you always stand up for yourself and others." 

I looked away so I didn't have to see Draco's handsome face. God, had he always been this good-looking? 

When Draco stayed silent, I reached out with my hand and curled it around Draco's slightly bigger one. I could literally hear him smirk. 

"Stop being so smug," I said, jutting out my bottom lip a little. "I'm not good at this... I don't know, romance stuff. I mean like, I good at everything else, but when it gets into this zone, I just start being nervous and clumsy and I can't think properly and I rant like what I'm doing now." 

Draco smiled adoringly. "I think it's cute." 

I blushed and hit his shoulder. "You're still eleven, you shouldn't be saying these things." 

"Hey, I can't even tell my girlfriend that she's cute?" he protested. The atmosphere immediately changed, feeling more like fragile glass on the edge of a cliff. 

My breath hitched at the word 'girlfriend.' 

"Sorry," Draco apologized, letting go of my hand. "I shouldn't have... I shouldn't have just assumed like that." 

"No, no, it's fine. I... I like it." 

Say it. Say it. Say it. 

My throat closed up. 

After a few minutes of unbearable silence, Draco got up. 

"I'm sorry," he said once again, and left. I could hear his feet dragging on the ground. 

He only did that when he was truly upset; I knew from years of practically living together. Draco's posture would slump entirely and his eyes would be downcast until his mood improved. I could usually do that with magical tricks or small presents, but... this was different.