Danger

Harry POV

Most people will wake up tired yet exhilarated and excited after a late-night exploration. I felt horrible. 

First, Y/n could've been waiting for me. What if she had been waiting but I didn't come so she went back to bed hurt? Salazar's underpants, what if? 

And second, that cat. That cat was just so familiar, but I just couldn't guess what. It nagged at the back of my brain, annoyingly out of reach. 

Those fierce e/c eyes, the h/c fur, everything reminded me of someone... but who? 

I sighed. Y/n or Hermione would have figured this out. 

And third... the mirror. The mirror in the old room, the one that showed what I desired deep in his heart. 

What I saw in that mirror didn't freak me out at all, because I dreamed about it so often. Y/n, with her flowing soft hair and twinkling eyes, standing next to me, holding my hand, leaning in every so often, giving me small kisses...

And the two figures standing behind us. A woman with emerald green eyes and red hair and a man with messy black hair, hazel eyes, and round glasses. 

My parents. 

I started at Ron groaning and waking up. 

"What time is it?" he mumbled. I glanced at the clock and leapt out of bed. 

"We're gonna miss breakfast!" I shouted. Ron sprang out of bed and got dressed in thirty seconds, then flew down the stairs, screaming "CAN'T MISS BREAKFAST!" 

I ran down the stairs, wishing Y/n was here. She could've just done her disappear-into-the-air thing and gotten us to the Great Hall. Speaking of Y/n...

Your POV

As soon as I was completely faded into the darkness, I began dispersing. My fingers turned to smoke and my body became fuzzy, floating into the air. I thrashed, seeing the mouth of darkness that was about to swallow me. 

'No! I screamed in my head. 'No!' 

I tried floating away, but it wouldn't work. So I floated there, helpless, watching the mouth of darkness about to swallow me...

Harry's and Draco's faces popped into my head. They glowed, giving me light. I felt my body becoming solid, my fingers not smoky anymore. 

I turned and faced the looming mouth of the darkness. I willed fire into my hand and water into the other. I shot both at the darkness, which faded away. Strangely, I felt much too tired from summoning a bit of fire and water. I felt myself falling, my eyes closing... 

Harry's POV

I got a strange feeling in my stomach, like something urgent was happening. What it was... I didn't know. I sat there, poking my bacon with my fork. Finally, I stood up, grabbing my bag and striding out of the room. I followed the feeling in my stomach, which led me to the Hogwarts doors. I stood there, staring at the looming doors. 

When I heard footsteps behind me, I whirled around, being met with Malfoy's worried face. 

"Potter," he sneered, or tried to. He couldn't get rid of the worried expression. "What are you doing here?" 

"What are you doing here?" I retorted. The feeling in my stomach got more and more intense, feeling almost painful. Malfoy winced. 

"I have this strange feeling," I confessed. I didn't know why I did it. Malfoy widened his eyes, backing away. "It's like someone's in danger..." 

"I have the same feeling too!" Malfoy said, pacing. "Someone's in danger. But who...?" he trailed off, thinking. A beautiful and familiar face popped into my head. 

"Y/n!" I shouted, dashing down the hall and to the Gryffindor boys' dorms. "Meet you at the doors!" 

Malfoy, somehow, understood and ran off to the Slytherin dorms, looking very worried but determined. 

I sprinted into the Gryffindor common room, having shouted at the Fat Lady, and threw everything I needed for a day's journey into a suitcase. Then I flew back down the stairs and ran to the main Hogwarts doors. 

Malfoy was already there and threw the doors open when he saw me dashing towards him. We sped out, side by side, as we followed the feeling in my stomach. 

Your POV

I woke up bound to a pole, my hands tied tightly behind me but my feet free. I lifted my chin from my chest and looked up to see dozens of people with skull masks on. The one in the front had long blond hair and cold gray eyes. They looked so familiar... 

"Y/n L/n," he said, his voice deep and smooth. I recoiled, hissing. 

"Lucius Malfoy," I spat, glaring at him. "The pet of Voldemort." 

A shocked and angry murmur went through the crowd, some of them drawing wands. Lucius stepped forwards, throwing an arm out. 

"No!" he shouted. "We cannot harm this girl!" 

"I'd like to see you try," I hissed, crouching. "I'll curse you so bad that you'll look like a banana slug with purple acne for a year." 

Honestly though, I couldn't. I felt a heavy feeling in my bones, weighing me down and tiring me out slowly. But my death glare still stayed strong, apparently. 

The crowd backed away, seeing the fire in my eyes. Only two people stayed. Lucius and a woman with long frizzy black hair and a insane laugh. 

"Bellatrix Lestrange," I growled. She laughed, an insane laugh that told someone there was a few cracks in her brain. 

"Little Y/n, acting all scary!" she giggled in a mocking baby voice. "Having problems escaping?" 

"Are you having problems of your relationship with Voldemort?" I retorted, a smirk on my lips. Bellatrix growled, her face twisting into a snarl, drawing her wand and pointing it at me. 

"Nobody shall insult the Dark Lord and I!" she screamed, opening her mouth to cast a spell, but Lucius Malfoy stopped her. 

"I told you, we cannot-" 

"No, let her try," I said, smiling. "Wouldn't you guys like a bit of entertainment?" 

Malfoy glared at Bellatrix and the crowd, but most of them chanted "Fight, fight, FIGHT!" 

"You can step in when she's about to kill me," I offered, shaking my wrists. "But you'll have to untie me." 

"Never!" Malfoy growled. I kept smiling, but my eyes hardened. 

"Oh, well, fine," I said, sliding down to sit on the floor. I crossed my legs and tried to look as casual as possible. "Well, I just wanted to stretch." 

"Oh," I added, smirking. "Your son Draco is very nice," 

Malfoy stumbled back, sputtering. A woman stepped forward, her eyes gleaming proudly. Her fair face wasn't covered by a mask, and her long blond hair was curled. 

"Yes," she agreed, smiling. "Draco is very handsome-" 

"Silence, Narcissa!" Malfoy shouted. Narcissa winced and retreated. I immediately felt bad for her. "We mustn't talk to the captive." 

"Oh, so now I'm a captive?" I snapped, my anger flaring. The heavy weight in my body disappeared. The ropes on my wrists smoked and the air crackled. The crowd backed away, but Bellatrix pointed her wand and cast a spell before Lucius could stop her. 

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

A flash of green light sped towards me. A scream rang in my ears. No, two screams. They sounded familiar...

A thought flashed through my mind. Nicholas Flamel. Nicholas Flamel, the maker of the Sorcerer's Stone.

Just when I had the answer, I was about to die. 

Just great