Snape is Limping...?

"What on earth were you thinking of?" said Professor McGonagall, with cold fury in her voice. "You're lucky you weren't killed. Why aren't you in your dormitory?"

I saw Snape give Harry a swift, piercing look. I proceeded to glare at him, then at Ron, who got the message and put his wand down. 

"Hermione!" I hissed. I beckoned for her to come out and speak, and she did.

"Please, Professor McGonagall, they were looking for me."

"Miss Granger!"

Hermione had finally come out of the shadows and was scrambling to her feet. 

"I-I went looking for the troll because I-I thought I could deal with it on my own--you know, because I've read all about them." 

I didn't know what to think of this. Hermione Granger, telling a downright lie to a teacher? Sure, that would get us out of trouble, but then she would get in trouble...

"If Y/n, Harry and Ron hadn't found me, I'd be dead by now. Ron distracted it and Y/n knocked it out with it's own club. They didn't have time to come and fetch anyone. It was about to finish me off when they arrived."

Harry, me, and Ron tried to look as though this story wasn't new to us. 

"Well, in that case..." said Professor McGonagall, staring at the four of us, "Miss Granger, you foolish girl, how could you think of tackling a mountain troll on your own?"

Hermione hung her head.

"Miss Granger, five points will be taken from Gryffindor for this," said Professor McGonagall. "I'm very disappointed in you. If you're not hurt at all, you'd better get off to the Gryffindor tower. Students are finishing the feast in their houses."

Hermione nodded and left.

Then Professor McGonagall turned on us. 

"Well, I still say you were lucky, but not many first years could have taken on a full grown mountain troll. You each win Gryffindor five points. Professor Dumbledore will be informed of this. You may go."

We hurried out of the chamber and didn't speak until we reached the portrait of the Fat Lady. 

"We should've gotten more than fifteen points," Ron grumbled. 

"Ten, you mean, once she's taken off Hermione's." Harry replied.

"Good of her to get us out of trouble like that," Ron admitted. "Mind you, we did save her."

"She might not needed saving if you hadn't been so mean to her," I reminded him, slightly glaring at him.

Ron responded by ignoring me and saying "Pig snout," so we could enter the common room. It was, as expected, packed and noisy. Everyone was eating the food that had been sent up. 

Hermione Granger was waiting for us, looking at her feet. "Thanks," Harry, Ron, and Hermione mumbled at the same time. "Thanks!" I said cheerfully, and we all hurried off to get plates. But after that, Hermione Granger became Harry and Ron's (she was already my friend) friend, because there are some things that you can't do without becoming friends, and knocking out a twelve foot troll is one of them.

I said goodbye to the Gryffindors and went to the Slytherin dorms--but avoided Draco. 

As we entered November, the weather turned cold, it began snowing, and Quidditch season started! 

Anyone had barely seen Harry play, since Wood decided that he should be kept secret, but Flint, on the other hand, had boasted about me being Slytherin Seeker to almost about everyone in the whole castle. Nowadays there was so much staring that I felt a bit uncomfortable. I wondered what it would be like when Wood announced that I was Seeker for both Houses, probably including so much staring and whisperingthat I would be walking down the halls invisibly.