The Package

Why can't I have peace?

That thought floated around my head as I saw the flash of green light speed towards me. Instead of feeling the spell sink into my stomach, I saw myself encased in a flickering golden ball of light. The green light battled with it, forcing its way through. It looked ugly and out of place with the golden glow. 

I felt the shield falter and immediately tried to strengthen it. Nothing. I panicked, thinking that I was going to die. Then I thought of Harry and Draco. I couldn't die. Not for me, for them. Guilt and sadness would crush them. 

The golden light glowed brighter, not flickering anymore. The ropes on my wrists fell apart, and I floated into the air, still encased by the golden light. I glowered at the Death Eaters. 

"You want to capture me? Torture me? Kill me? Take me to your precious Dark Lord?" I spat at them, fury blazing in my eyes. "Good luck with that." 

With that, with a flash, I was gone. Lucius Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange screamed with rage as the green light sliced through the air where I was and sink into a Death Eater. He collapsed, dead. 

"NOOOOOO!" Lucius Malfoy howled. His voice echoed in the dark night. 

Draco's POV

I ran ahead with Potter, following the feeling in my gut. It got stronger and stronger until it was unbearable--then it disappeared. 

A golden ball of light formed in front of us and I shouted a hex that bounced off the glowing surface of the ball. A vague human shadow formed inside the ball. 

Then the golden light disappeared completely, letting the person inside stumbled to their knees. I recognized the h/c hair, the e/c eyes, and beautiful face... 

"Y/n!" Potter and I shouted at the same time. We both rushed to Y/n's side. She looked up at us weakly, said "Hey guys," and proceeded to fall unconscious and make us haul her to Hogwarts. 

Harry's POV

Our appearance caused an uproar and made the students stampede down the stairs to look at us. Meanwhile, Y/n was laid on a stretcher and carried to the infirmary. 

"Magic overuse," Madam Pomfrey told Malfoy and me grimly. "I don't know if she'll survive." 

After she told us that, we wouldn't leave her side no matter what. We refused to eat or drink, only stare at Y/n's beautiful sleeping face. 

Y/n stayed in a coma for days, Malfoy and I were worried sick about her. Once I thought I saw her mouth twitch, but I told myself I was hallucinating. 

The only time I left was to play Quidditch, but I was too distracted to play properly. I slammed into a Bludger, fell off my broom, and missed the Snitch when it was right next to my ear. 

"Potter, pay attention!" Wood raged. "You're going to make us lose to freaking Hufflepuff!" 

There were some mutters of agreement from the rest of the team. Normally, I would have felt hurt, but now I was too distracted. 

The last time I was in the infirmary, just before the Quidditch game against Hufflepuff, I saw Malfoy looking exhilarated, his grin was stretching along his face. 

"What? What happened?" I asked, clutching my broomstick. 

"Y/n tried to wake up!" he shrieked. Madam Pomfrey came rushing into the room and chided Malfoy, "Be quiet, young man! You are going to wake miss L/n!" 

"Isn't that the whole point?" Malfoy and I muttered at the same time. But Madam Pomfrey didn't hear and walked outside. 

"That's amazing!" I whispered. Malfoy nodded, grinning from ear to ear. The news seemed to give me a energy boost, like Y/n was with me, cheering me on. 

"Gooluwiyogam," Malfoy muttered. I wrinkled my nose at him. 

"What?" 

"Good luck with your game," he repeated, not looking into my eyes. I stared at him, stunned, then nodded. 

"Thanks." 

"Snape's refereeing?" Fred shrieked. George fell off his broom and landed face-first into the mud. 

"Yes, so don't mess around!" Wood shouted. "You guys are going to make us lose to Hufflepuff!" 

I know exactly what Y/n would've said. 'Oliver, that isn't nice,' she would have chided. 'Hufflepuff has their own powers.' 

I could imagine her standing next to me, in her flowing red and gold robes, her tan skin golden in the sunlight... 

"Potter!" Wood growled. "Pay attention. You better not let us down. Team let's go!" He flew out of a flap and onto the field. Sure enough, Snape was in the referee's uniform, scowling like usual. Another thing, shining silver, caught my eye. 

Dumbledore's beard. 

My whole face lit up with relief as I saw Dumbledore smiling at me. I smiled back and flew into the sky. 

Once the game started, I circled the payers like a hawk. Once I saw a flash of gold and followed it, but Snape distracted me by giving Hufflepuff a penalty. 

I growled at him and he glared at me, his dark eyes full of hatred. I rose up in the air and began circling the game again. 

I spied a movement of gold right next to Snape and dived towards it. Snape whirled around as a bundle of scarlet and gold robes flew past him, an arm reaching out--

I rose up in the air in triumph, a tiny golden ball clenched tightly in my hand. Silver wings beat in the air next to it, trying to free itself, but eventually gave up, the silver wings retracting into a small compartment. 

The stands erupted--no one could remember the Snitch being caught faster than that. It had to be a record, maybe able to be broken only by Y/n. 

When I dived down to the ground and climbed off his broom, the whole Gryffindor team came up to me and hugged me. The whole time, I could only imagine Y/n next to me, her eyes glimmering with happiness...

Y/n! I excused myself from the crowd, clambered onto my broom, and flew towards the infirmary wing. 

Y/n was awake, and Malfoy was holding her hand. A twinge of jealousy ran through me. I ignored it and rushed to her side. 

"Y/n!" I whispered. She turned her head and smiled at me, but her eyes were urgent. 

"Hey, Harry," she said. She sounded a bit tired. Malfoy stroked her hand, not looking into my eyes as Y/n's bright e/c orbs stared into my bright green ones. They had a new kind of shining power to them, but they were still, if not more, beautiful.

I touched her hand, then got ahold of it. I clutched it tightly as if she would leave me again. Then I saw Y/n do something strange. I saw her flick a finger at Malfoy and his grey eyes seemed to dull, staring into nothing. 

"Harry," Y/n said, urgently. "Nicholas Flamel. The Sorcerer's Stone. The package."