The Troll

Two large packages were carried into the Great Hall by twelve screech owls. I was sitting at the Slytherin table and was mildly interested in them--and that was before one of the packages landed right in front of me. Another owl dropped a letter on the parcel, and flew off. I opened the letter first and it said this: 

DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE.
It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing that you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Marcus Flint will meet you tonight on the Quidditch field at seven o'clock for your first training session.

Professor S. Snape

I did not smile or show any kind of emotion on the outside, but on the inside, I was jumping with joy. A Nimbus Two Thousand!

I Banished the broomstick to my room in the Slytherin dorms, but placing a notice-me-not charm on it first. I left the Hall quickly to get ready for my next class. 

The day seemed to go on forever, the clock taking a million seconds to just to make one minute. 

Finally, finally, seven o'clock came and I set off to the Quidditch field with my brand new broomstick in hand.

 Too impatient to wait for Flint, I grabbed my broomstick and flew off from the ground. I was doing flips in the air when I saw Harry and Wood arrive. 

"Hey guys!" I yelled, waving from the sky. I swooped down into a dive and pulled up at the last second, grinning at the two boys. 

"Nice flying, Y/n!" Wood exclaimed. "We could use a Seeker like that." 

I smiled at him and gestured at Harry. "Why don't you try, Harry?" I asked. He nodded nervously and clambered onto his broom. He flew off from the ground, and I joined him. 

"Isn't this great?" I yelled, grinning at him. I shot ahead and did some flips until Harry caught up. 

"Yeah, this is awesome!" he yelled back, a grin plastered on his face.

"Race you to the ground!" I yelled, then turned into a horizontal dive. Wind whistled in my ears and I smiled. I pulled upwards, like I did before, a inch from the ground. Harry soon followed, pulling up a foot from the ground. 

"Wow." Wood said, nearly drooling. "Wait, I have to ask McGonagall something, be right back!" he shouted, running back to the castle. Harry stared at me and I shrugged, getting on my broomstick again, this time racing around the field. I was having loads of fun racing with Harry when I noticed a small figure on the ground. I swooped down in a dive and landed with a flip. 

"Hey Flint," I said, tossing the hair out of my face. "You're late." 

Flint said nothing, just stared at me. I stared right back. "Well, the training part. Are you going to train me or what?" 

Flint jerked out of his daze and brandished a large chest. He opened it and showed me the four balls. 

"This," he started, pointing at the largest and red ball, "is the-"

"Quaffle." I cut him off with a impatient voice. "I know all the rules, Flint."

He said nothing, but studied me. "Well," he finally said. "let's start with the Snitch, then." He took out the golden ball known as the Snitch. He released the ball and it zipped away, and I immediately chased after it, catching it in five seconds. 

I tossed the ball into the air and let it get a full minute head start, but I caught it in about twenty seconds. 

"Well--that was--what--you don't need any training!" Flint blurted out after about a minute of being dumbfounded.