Quidditch

The next morning dawned bright and chilly, the amazing smells drifting down the corridors from the Great Hall, everyone chattering cheerfully, looking forward to a good Quidditch match. I woke up feeling amazing, and I woke up Harry, Hermione, and Ron by pouring ice water on their heads. 

"Come on, come on, come on!" I cried, waving my arms. "It's Quidditch!" Then I jumped down to the common room and raced down to the Great Hall, having changed in ten seconds, a world record.

I gulped down my food and Summoned my broom. I clambered onto it, still inside, and shot out of the castle, people shrieking and staring on the way. I flew down to the Quidditch field and began practicing an hour before the actual match.

When the team had arrived, I had crossed my arms and was tapping my foot impatiently.

"Oh, so now you show up?" I snarled. "I've been waiting all morning for you guys to show up and practice! Really? Now we don't have any time to practice! If we lose, it's all going to be your fault!" I stormed.

 The team didn't respond, but just stared at me with glazed eyes. The boys did, anyway. 

"Well?" I snapped.  "Come on!" I jumped onto my broom and flew up from the ground, the cool air refreshing on my face. I thought about how all the boys stared at me with glazed eyes. Unless I was very mistaken, those looks were looks of love. 'Yuck,' I thought. I turned sharply to the locker rooms, and the rest of the team followed, walking behind me. 

I crossed my arms as I glared at the team, but the excitement was starting to take over. I glanced at my watch and my heart jumped. It was five minutes from the game! I quickly grabbed a pair of green and silver robes, the one with my name on it, slipped into a room, and changed. I barged out of the room a minute later. I glanced at my watch again and my heart leaped--it was time!

"Come on, we have to go!" I yelled. I grabbed Flint and dragged him to the flap leading to the field. "Order your team, and tell them it's time!" I told him, then snapped my fingers. My broom came flying up to me, and I grabbed ahold of it and stared expectantly at Flint, who cleared his throat.

"Alright, team, it's time!" He yelled, then looked at me. I lined up behind him, and rest of the team followed, with a lot of unneeded touching. We all climbed aboard of our brooms, and flew up and out of the tent, my hair flowing behind me. I spotted Harry and flew up to him, grinning.

"Hello there, Potter," I said, and he winced. I mentally shrugged at this and couldn't give it more thought because Madam Hooch had blown her whistle and threw up the ball, officially signaling the start of the game. I immediately flew up and circled around the field like a hawk. 

"And the Slytherin team Captain Flint immediately seizes the Quaffle, dodging Angelina Johnsen of Gryffindor, speeding up to the hoops--and he throws--and the Slytherins score!" Lee Jordan shouted, not sounding too happy. 

"Yes!" I yelled, cheering with the rest of the team. I eyed the Slytherins forming a triangle formation and joined them, flying right next to Flint. He pumped his fist and flew off faster, while I flew upwards. 

"And that's the Slytherins forming a victory formation--and the new Slytherin Seeker, Y/n L/n, circles the field like a hawk--I feel that she is going to be a great Seeker, and very attractive too-"

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry, professor." 

Jordan was being watched closely by Professor McGonagall. 

I watched the Quaffle get tossed around, not listening to the commentary anymore, while also looking for the Snitch. I saw a flash of gold once- but that was just one of the Weasley's gold wristwatches. 

I saw Adrian Pucey get the Quaffle, then dived towards him. I had seen the golden Snitch, hovering around Puceys' left ear. Then the Snitch darted somewhere else, and I followed it. Harry saw it too, and we hurtled towards the Snitch together, but I was faster, much much faster. I was reaching out to the Snitch, when a Bludger came pelting towards me. 

I pulled in my arm at the last second, and the Bludger passed me, swishing right next to my face. I stopped and glanced around the field, but there was no sign of the Snitch. I glared at Fred Weasley, and he shrugged in an apologetic way.

I glared at him once more and flew up, circling the field again. Then I saw Harry--and gasped. His broom was jerking and shaking, almost shaking Harry off. I was diving towards him when my broom gave a frightening lurch.

No one seemed to notice me and Harry's brooms behaving strangely. They twitched and jerked, floating higher and higher, away from the game. Then suddenly, my broom began to roll over and over, with me just barely being able to hold onto it. Then my broom gave a jerk and I swung off of it, holding on with just one hand. I stared around at the crowd, who was pointing at me and gasping. 

I saw nothing suspicious- until I reached the teacher's section. I saw Snape muttering something, then I saw Quirrell mumbling something--but who was jinxing our brooms? I didn't give this any thought, but reached towards Snape and Quirrell. I could start a fire, disrupting the eye contact. I decided to start a fire between them, and see how one of them reacted. 

I concentrated, and immediately a flame popped up between Quirrell and Snape. They both yelped and broke eye contact, allowing me to get onto my broom, but Harry had just lost balance and fell through the air, his face a mask of horror and fear. 

"NO!" I dived towards him and reached out to him--and he reached out to me--and our fingertips brushed, but not enough for me to hold on--I put on a extra burst of speed and caught his hand! I pulled him up and let him climb onto my broom. And then, just then, as I helped Harry climb onto my broom in front of me, I saw the Snitch hovering above right next to where we were going! 

My hand shot out at the last second--and caught the Snitch!