The Queen Of Slytherin

I glanced at the crowd. They booed, and I shook my head.

"Sorry, Oliver," I said, extending a hand. Oliver Wood took it, stood up, and brushed himself off. 

"Anyone else want to try?" I asked. The crowd was silent. After they saw me making nearly full-fledged wizards cartwheel through the air with a mere clap of my hand, no one was particularly eager to try against me.

I shrugged. "If anyone else wants to try, then meet me here next week," I called. "That'll be the last time!" I gestured for the crowd to follow me. "Dinner time!" I said, striding up to the castle. Draco was madly smoothing his hair after being flung into the air with a snap of my fingers.

The Great Hall was looking magnificent, and I saw Professor Flitwick stroking his new ornament of water that I made for him. I smiled at him, and he winked at me.

I sat down at the Gryffindor table, with everyone staring at me for bringing in such a big crowd at once. I could hear whispers of people telling other people what had happened near the Lake. 

"And he was literally flying through the air-"

"Just because Y/n snapped her fingers?"

"Yeah! And-"

Professor Dumbledore cleared his throat. The Hall went quiet, and Professor Dumbledore gave us a Christmas time speech. 

"Students, teachers, and creatures! It is another Christmas passing, and another year to come. Enjoy the feast and have a jolly Christmas!"

The Hall erupted in cheers and quieted down a bit, people chattering and eating. I took a wizard cracker and pulled it. It went off with a bang, and the people in the Hall screamed. A silver fog misted over the Gryffindor table, and when it cleared, I was seen holding a new wizard chess set. 

"Not bad," I said, inspecting it. While I was studying it, Percy Weasley, the Prefect, cried out. There was a silver Sickle embedded between his teeth, and Fred and George bust out laughing.

"It is not funny," Percy sputtered. "What a indignity! Hogwarts really should have safety measures on putting money in pudding-"

"Oh, stop it, Perce," Ron groaned. He had bits of pudding around his mouth. "Save us the torture of hearing a lecture."

Lavender Brown giggled coyly and stared at Ron, not noticing the glare Hermione and Ginny were giving her.

Harry watched Hagrid call for more wine, getting redder and redder in the face until he finally kissed Professor McGonagall on the cheek. To his and my amazement, Professor McGonagall blushed and giggled, her top hat lopsided.

When Harry, Hermione, and Ron had finally left the table, we were blocked by Draco and his goons.

"Draco," I said. He bowed.

"I am merely here to remind you that it is time you shall sleep in the Slytherin dorms," he said. My lips curled in both disappointment and amusement.

"Very well," I said. "Let me see the Slytherin Christmas traditions," I said, stepping out of Harry's group. Harry grabbed my arm. 

"Wait, Y/n," he said desperately. "Can't you stay, just this once?"

"No," Draco cut in. I silenced him with a look. I gave a warning glance at Harry. He understood. 

'I'll be there,' my eyes flashed at him.

'How?' his eyes flashed back. I just smiled mysteriously at him and glided down the hall to the Slytherin dorms, Draco smirking victoriously behind me.

When I stepped into the Slytherin common room, a cool feeling settled in my heart, right where my magic was stored.

It was cool and unforgiving, the type of feeling you'd find at a murder trial. But it was also a tiny bit warm, like how the Gryffindor common room was.

"Miss Y/n," a seventh year said, stepping forward. His nearly black eyes gleamed. He had perfectly shaped hair, black and cruel eyes, and a malicious smirk on his thin lips. "How gracious of you to grace us with your presence," he said, holding out a hand. It seemed oddly formal for such a casual gesture. Then I understood.

Taking that hand, accepting it, would mean that I was bowing down to this... this kind of court that the Slytherins had made. 

This seventh year in front of me was the leader. If I took that hand, that would mean being at the way bottom, slowly working my way to the top. People would disrespect me. I refused for that to happen.

I ignored the hand. "Hello, Makksed," I said smoothly. The Slytherins gasped. Makksed looked quite annoyed.

"Bow down to me," he growled. 

"No," I said coldly. I stood firm, Draco chewing his fingernails behind me.

"You dare?" Makksed thundered, glowering at me. 

"Yes, I dare." I replied, staring Makksed down. He shifted uncomfortably.

"You belong at my feet, licking my shoes," Makksed growled. My temper nearly spilled over. My eyes glowed with anger and power, while my lips curled into a sadistic smile.

"Oh, I do?" I said innocently, walking around Makksed. I traced my finger along his arms, back, and stomach, freezing him in place. My magic drifted free, floating around the room, but about a fifth of it encased Makksed.

"Do I belong at your feet?" I asked. My magic began draining his power. Makksed struggled, squirming, but couldn't get out of my magics' grip.

"Do I belong at your feet?" I asked again. With each word, my magic finished draining his power. It began to drain his life source.

"Do I belong at your feet?" By now, the question began to sound more like a statement, and I placed a finger on Makksed's arm.

"Do I belong at your feet?" My magic had drained half of his life source. I pressed my finger into Makksed's arm, leaving a painful burn the size of my fingertip. He screamed in pain.

"Do I belong at your feet?" My magic drained three-quarters of his life source. 

"Do I belong at your feet?" I twisted my finger, his arm twisting the same way. He screamed in pain, but I released his arm.

"Do I belong at your feet?" My magic had now drained four-fifths of his life source. I traced my finger along Makksed's arm, shattering every bone under the flesh I touched. Makksed screamed in pain once more, tears of anguish streaming down his cheeks.

"Do I belong at your feet?" My magic stopped draining his life source. There was only a eighth of his life source left from what was there before.

"Do I belong at your feet?" I asked. It seemed like a real question now. Makksed shook his head wildly and desperately. I kept him under my magic for a little more, then finally released him.

Makksed fell unconscious, slumping at my feet. The Slytherins stared at me in terror and in awe. 

"Take this fool down to the infirmary." I said, my voice ringing throughout the room. No one stepped up. I sighed and snapped my fingers. Some people squealed in terror. 

Makksed's body began to disappear, fading away. When he was gone, I crossed the room and stood in front of the huge picture of Salazar Slytherin that was hanging on the wall. 

"I declare myself the Queen of Slytherin," I announced, my eyes gleaming. "Any objections?"

Silence.

"Good." I said, smirking maliciously. "Dismissed."

Some brave Slytherins shuffled along to the exit. I stared and crossed over to them. They froze, some of them collapsing at my feet and groveling. I waved them away, and they scurried back to wherever they came from.

"Oh, and Makksed is at the infirmary, the fool," I called over my shoulder, stepping out of the room. Then I exited the room, and all the Slytherins sighed in relief.

I smiled. That was fun.