A Magical Change

A/N Hey guys! I know it's been a while since I updated... a while... buuuuuuttttttt I'm back! Sorry it took so long, I just recently discovered the amazingness of BTS!!!!! I can't believe that I've just found them out. Also my computer takes a REALLY long time for saving my work, so I have to write slowly. I'm really sorry for the lack of updates!

Harry's POV

"Hagrid?" Ron called loudly. He knocked on the door and yelled again. "HAGRI-"

"SHUSH!" Hagrid came lumbering out his hut, looked around suspiciously, and herded us into the small hut. 

"What's going on?" Y/n asked as soon as Hagrid closed the door. He shuffled his feet looking anywhere but Y/n's eyes. 

"What do you mean?" he mumbled as he looked at his feet. 

"Don't pretend that you don't know what I mean," Y/n told him. She crossed her arms. "Why are all the curtains closed? And why do you have a fire in the middle of summer-" 

She froze and uncrossed her arms. She stared at the fireplace. "Hagrid, is that- is that a dragon egg?" 

Hagrid lunged in front of the fireplace and shouted, "No!" 

But it was too late. Everyone had seen the huge, black egg underneath the kettle, in the very heart of the fire. 

"Hagrid--move out of the way!" Y/n rushed towards the fireplace and pushed past Hagrid to stare at the egg. She knelt beside it, her hand reaching for the egg and the flames as if in a trance. 

"No! You'll get burns!" Hagrid said, shoving her hand out of the way. Y/n glared at him. 

"I don't get burns," she said. She reached for the egg again and this time Hagrid didn't stop her, though I very nearly did.

Her hands touched the smooth surface of the egg and she curled her arms around it, pulling it out of the fireplace. Hagrid looked worried, but Y/n seemed perfectly at ease as she cradled the egg in her arms. "Hagrid, where did you get this?" she asked. 

Hagrid shifted his feet nervously, staring at the egg as he muttered, "Won it last night. I was down in the village having a few drinks and got into a game of cards with a stranger. Think he was glad to get rid of it, to be honest." 

"He should be," Hermione muttered. "But what are you going to do with it when it's hatched?" 

"Well, I've been doing some reading," said Hagrid, pulling a large book from under his pillow. "Got this outta the library. Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit. It's a bit outta date, of course, but it's all in here. Keep the egg in the fire, 'cause their mothers breathe on them, see, and when it hatches, feed it on a bucket of brandy mixed with chicken blood every half hour."

Hermione gagged. 

"This is a Norwegian Ridgeback!" Y/n exclaimed. "Wow, these are really rare." 

Hagrid smiled and looked very pleased, but Hermione didn't. 

"Hagrid, you live in a wooden house," she said. 

But Hagrid wasn't' listening. He was humming merrily as he stroked the fire. 

"But Hagrid, couldn't you tell us what's guarding the Sorcerer's Stone besides Fluffy?" I asked. Hagrid flinched away from me. 

"Of course I couldn't," he muttered. "You already know too much, so I won't tell ya'. That Stone's here for a good reason. It was almost stolen out of Gringotts. I suppose you've worked that out and all? Beats me how you even know about Fluffy."