Draco Malfoy

I woke up in Harry's arms, still in cat form. 

I smiled fondly at Harry's sleeping face and straightened his crooked glasses on his nose. I purred at Harry one last time before leaping out of bed and padding towards the Slytherin dorms. 

I almost bust out laughing at the sight of Draco with his ruffled bed-hair and his agitated expression, pacing around. He looked so... so adorable. 

'Woah,' I told myself. 'Where did that come from?'

I slinked into a shadow and shifted back into my normal self. Then I stepped out to the light. 

"Looking for someone?" I said, a amused glint twinkling in my eyes. Draco turned to look at me, and his expression went from worried and agitated to relieved. 

"Y/n!" he said, then dashed at me. He enveloped me in a hug, then let me go, blushing so much that I thought he had a sunburn. "Um, sorry."

I stood stiffly, dazed, then shook myself out of my daze. I tried for a smile. 

"Well, that was very endearing," I said, running my hand through my long hair. Draco blushed again. "Who would ever see the great Malfoy pacing around, all worried like that?" 

Draco grinned at me, then frowned. 

"Where were you?" Draco demanded. He grabbed my shoulders and held me at a arms' length. "I've looked everywhere!"

"I've been where I wanted to be," I said, smirking, and shrugged Draco's hands off. I walked over to the fireplace and placed my hands next to the fire. I smiled at the warmth. 

Draco sat down next to me and put his hands out to the fire too. The fire flared for a moment, reacting to my feelings. I really hoped the flame covered up my blush. I couldn't help but notice how close Draco was, how flames seemed to dance in his eyes and his hair... 

'Woah.' I mentally slapped myself. 'Stop thinking about Draco Malfoy like that, L/n!' I told myself. I looked away, but I couldn't help notice how Draco turned to stare at me. 

"You're beautiful, you know." Draco blurted out. I turned to stare at him while he blushed. "I-I mean-" 

He turned away, flushing. I was pretty sure I was blushing as badly as Draco. I noticed he was staring at my wrist, right where the bracelet should be. But the bracelet was hidden under my robe sleeve. 

I smiled at Draco. Mischief glittered in my eyes. I swept the sleeve of my robe back, where the leather bracelet was glittering on my wrist. Draco reached out a hand and touched it. 

"Beautiful," he said softly. "Like you." 

Draco's silvery gray eyes stared into my e/c ones. I'd always been told that my eyes had a depth to them, like a eternal abyss. They told me that me eyes held great sadness, but out of that came beauty. 

"Beautiful," I repeated. "Like me." My voice held bitterness and sadness. I remembered all the times when my own mother had called me useless, that she had always wanted a son, all the times she beat me. I held the numerous scars to prove it, but there was glamour over it, to hide it. 

I slid the sleeve of my robe over the bracelet, then looked away. When I glanced at Draco again, after a few minutes, he was still staring at me. 

 His eyes also held great sorrow. I could see myself reflected in them. All the times his father told him he was useless, all the times he beat Draco. I could see.

Not enough to show on his hands or face, but enough to leave scars. His hand crept closer and closer to mine. Then, when our fingers were a fingernail apart, I sensed a presence. 

I snatched my hand back and whirled around to see a pug-faced girl with short black hair. My lips curled into a frown. 

"Parkinson," I said, distaste clear in my voice. I mean, that was usually how purebloods sounded, but... moving on. 

"L/n," Pansy said, sneering. Her voice didn't have the same distasteful yet elegant and royal quality that my voice had. One of my specialties. Heh. 

"Drake!" Pansy shrieked. "What are you doing with this mud-blood scum?" She rushed towards Draco and tried to discreetly kiss him. Draco pushed her face out of the way and scooted towards me. 

"Mud-blood scum?" I growled. Electricity cackled in the air around me. Draco looked scared but smug and Parkinson looked downright scared. Draco also looked very disappointed as he glared at Pansy. 

Draco's POV

The way the fire glimmered in Y/n's eyes... it was enough to make me believe that she had a internal fire of her own, unseeable but fierce and powerful. Her robes fluttered around her in a majestic way, and her hair fell down her back and over her shoulders, sweeping over her face. 

She was beautiful. 

I glanced at Y/n's wrist and saw no bracelet. My heart went clunk, and I felt my hopes fall. 

I glanced at Y/n and saw her smiling at me. Her eyes glittered with mischief. She swept the sleeve of her robe back, where the black leather bracelet I'd gotten her was fastened around her wrist. 

  "Beautiful," I said softly. "Like you." 

Y/n blushed and stared into my eyes. Her e/c eyes held a great sadness that I'd never noticed before. 

"Beautiful," she repeated. Her voice held a infinite amount of bitterness. "Like me." 

She slid the sleeve of her robes over the bracelet looked away. I kept staring, believing that she would turn back. And she did. 

My hand inched closer and closer to Y/n's. Then, just when our hands were a fingernail apart, Y/n suddenly snatched her hand back and whirled around. 

"Parkinson," she said, distaste clear in her voice. Her voice had a elegant yet distasteful quality that no other pureblood had. Her eyes glared daggers into Pansy. 

Your POV

I reached out towards Pansy, as if trying to touch her. Pansy backed away, a wild look in her eyes. My eyes gleamed angrily. 

"Mud-blood scum." I repeated in a softer voice. Pansy had the brains not to say anything. "Mud-blood scum." 

Suddenly, I retracted my hand and I whirled around, my hair shadowing my face. The necklace that Harry gave me was tucked into my robe neatly, but was flung out when I turned, flying around in full view. 

I began to fade into the background, my eyes prickling. Finally, when I was about to vanish, Draco cried out. "No Y/n! Don't leave me!" 

I faded into the darkness. Gone. 

Why?