The Ghost Named Ashton and Avadh's Anger

I know some of you would want to kill me after reading the title. So, I just wanted a bit drama with Avadh and Iker but worry not, they know each other better than we think. This author had a temporary memory problem and forgot my hero's name. Forgive me. I was feeling all unsettled since I began writing this and was stalling the meeting of the mates too. Now I realised why. I was calling him Evan instead of Ethan which is his actual name. Let us call Atrey's and Ethan's son Evan in future. Forgive me...! If it still reads Evan anywhere, please let me know.

The rogue attacks were non stop for the past one week since the lone wolves retreated. Avadh was yet to hear from his brother in law. He has written to Alpha Cristian who will soon arrive to talk with Ethan. The family missed him. However, whether or not to wade their way into the woods of Myrkovir was another question altogether.

Avadh knew Aldera was behind all this. She failed twice with them and with Viraat and then she again failed with Vansh. Now, she was angered. Angered enough to keep up her incessant attacks. It is as if she is sending danger there way till one of it actually hits.

Avadh was also stretched to his limits. He was too strained. It has been days since he was able to spend some time with Iker or their kids. Avadh hated when he has to work like that. But the people were his responsibility too. So he focussed on eradicating the enemies first.

Avadh looked at Aldera who was sending him an undecipherable look as she sat there. Avadh was only worried about his brothers who were on his side. However, Avadh froze when he saw the small army Aldera had. He had last seen that face 18 years before when he was just a 15-year-old boy who saw his family crash and burn.

The boy did not look a year older than the day he died, 15. Avadh was 10 when he had a crush on Ashton. It was just that a crush and he used to laugh about it later when he grew up. But this Ashton had a look on his face that had no place there when he looks at Avadh. It was lust and Avadh could see Aldera's magic working on Ashton's body.

Ashton came forward. "Forgot me so soon Avadh," he asked running his hand through Avadh's shoulder. Avadh shivered. He felt disgusted. For one, the amount of dark magic that came in was unbelievable and for another, he hated it when someone other than Iker touched him.

Ashton took away his hand as if it burned him and Avadh wanted to laugh seeing the expression on his and Aldera's face.

"A completed fire bond? Why would you, Avadh, I thought you liked me," purred Ashton.

Avadh wanted to snort but he looked at Aldera. "You will pay for this. I hope you don't have more zombies in there," said Avadh.

"I am not a zombie. She kept me alive, Avadh. I was resting, waiting. She assured me that she will take me to you," said Ashton and began to sob hysterically. Avadh closed his eyes and he could see the witch manipulating the half-dead body to retain the life with fake promises. She was planning on using Ashton on him to lure him into a magical trap. Avadh rolled his eyes at Aldera as he wiped off the salve Aston has so wisely sneaked on his body and said " If I can resist silver, you foolish witch, you should know I can resist your stupid magic too. And the fire bond will burn any and all negative elements you can try on me," said Avadh, feeling the fire cleanse his body off the salve and he could feel Iker's emotions soothe him and settle him. He still felt dirty because Ashton touched him. 

He was angry and agitated at what he saw in his mind about what Aldera has done to Ashton's soul and body. He felt pity.

Leaving Aldera's den was no big business but Avadh felt a sadness in him for all the people Aldera might have bewitched. Seeing his own family member in such a state has made Avadh's resolve to kill Aldera even stronger.