Confessions

Atrey has never known why Vansh was called the right-hand man of death. Oh yes, he is the King's right hand and Atrey knew his brothers' wrath and the bloodbaths that followed. However, now as he saw Vansh bring out answers from Ashinta, he knew, he finally understood. 

Vansh was tearing her nails one by one with his bare claws. Viraat stood on the other side, having run here hearing from Vansh. King stood on the other side. Iker near him. Iker was holding Eka who has taken a liking to his uncles very quickly. They were shielding Eka from any sound or sight inside the room. Hale was silent as he stood on Atrey's left and Zal had his arm around Atrey who was still unable to believe Ashinta would betray them.

Sali and Koelov stood by Ethan's side. Ethan, Atrey could feel was furious beyond belief and he wanted to go near and calm him down. But he knew, at this point, anyone going near Ethan would only make him blast.

Ethan couldn't lift a finger because he had respected and loved this woman like a parent and he was willing himself to see this as she was being torn apart.

She had said a few things. She was from the long-lost Balen clan. The clan gave asylum to rogues to perpetrate against the kingdom and the war had killed many people. A few of those left did not go rogue but were biding their time as lone wolves.

Ethan remembers the group of 21 people she came with. All broody and bland faced men and women who had an eeriness amongst them. And Ashinta had won his trust because she was the only one who seemed trustworthy among the group. She had made it sound like she was caught amongst them and needed a rescue. So he employed her as the caretaker of the mansion. Sali never trusted her, nor did Koelov and he understood finally. They can smell shit from miles away. Wonder what they call that talent in werewolf terminology.

King rolled his eyes at Ethan. Apparently, the man had activated a pack link with him and heard his thoughts.

"Really Ethan? Smelling Shit from miles away? Well, probably Shitter," said King and Ethan had to stop himself from laughing out.

"Really? We are talking about life and death here and you both are getting all witty with names?" asked Iker.

"I should have known, where he goes, you do too," said Ethan into the link.

"Seriously Alpha, Brother? People are on fire here!" said Atrey into the link and Ethan almost groaned.

"Or I might just kill her and all 21 of those bat shits before we get anything out of them," said Ethan.

"Now, if you are all done, I think I have something from her," said Vansh, which meant Hale was also in the link. 

Viraat sniggered and Ethan closed his eyes.

"What is this, a family line?" asked Ethan which made Hale snigger along with Zal.

Then the link ended and all looked at Ashinta.

"She had been poisoning the food for some time now, some sort of slow poison and she has been using it on Atrey too," said Zal as he examined the poison in her hand.

"What?" asked Ethan, his hand immediately reaching for his Atrey.

"I am alright. She just underestimated the protections on royal families. The poison that enters our body directly goes to the King. It is some white magic in the family lines. The King has the capacity to diffuse it," said Atrey.

She stopped giving it to him when it stopped working.

"I did not even realise there was poison being diffused," said Avadh.

"Happens, when you become too much of a drama queen and over thinks some stuff," said Iker fondly holding Avadh tightly.

Avadh scoffed but Iker was right. he was distraught about everything for a long time that he did not notice what was happening with Atrey.

"Why did I not feel a thing?" asked Ethan.

"She had thought of that and had slipped it to you too, in smaller amounts, but not enough to harm you," said Hale.

"So, I am needed alive?" asked Ethan.

"Yes, they were planning on using the lone wolves and you to help overthrow the Kingdom. Her clan lives in the Southern lands which are the most volatile of lone wolf territory. They have been subtly instigating anti-hunter and anti- kingdom waves in there which is the cause of all the hunter- lone wolf conflicts in the recent past," said Vansh

They all listened silently as she listed her crimes. All cringed hearing how she tried to manipulate Ethan using Vansh. 

"Your criminal," said  Ethan nodding to Avadh and then looked at Atrey who understood and took Eka and followed him after nodding to the rest of his family.

"Is he asleep?" asked Ethan.

Atrey nodded.

"Hmm, I have asked Sali to check her living area and ensure that nothing is left. Also, a squad is out there to round up her clan. I have asked King to help me with the rogues, from what she said they are planning on taking Eka to turn him," said Ethan.

Atrey nodded. Both of them looked at their sleeping son and then at each other.

Atrey held Ethan in his arms. Soon Ethan was asleep on his lap.

----------------------------------------------------

Ethan woke up hearing noises. He smiled seeing the source of it. Kid's music was playing at a low volume and Atrey was having Eka dance to it, holding him with both his arms. When the healer had checked and found poison in Eka's body, they were both beyond hysterical.  Vansh who was already in Myrkovir helping them sent for healers. Hearing of the poison, all from the family had come only to be greeted by the actual culprit bound in the questioning room.

Ethan sat up.

"Did we wake you? Eka was moody- so"

"It's okay. Your brothers?" asked Ethan.

"In the rooms. They will leave by dawn," said Atrey, almost pouting at that.

---------------------------------

Ethan went up to the third floor and saw a sight he never wanted to see again. Iker was pressed against the wall and Avadh was kissing him and Ethan cleared his throat.

Both moved apart and looked at his red face.

"That is something, I never want to see again. I mean, no brother, would want to see that. If you are listening, this is for you both Vansh and Viraat to hear too," said Ethan.

Ethan heard laughs from the nearby two rooms and groaned.

"I don't know how Alpha Cristian handles it," said Ethan.

"He pretends like it is not happening," said Zal, as he came out of the room next with a very sweaty Viraat in tow.

"I always tell him denial is not good," said Hale opening the door on the other side and Vansh stood behind him. 

"And brother, I have 7 kids with this man now, grow up," said Iker leaning onto Avadh's side.

"Before I go mad, tell me where you guys have kept that woman?" asked Ethan

"She is with Sali and Keolov for now," said Avadh.

"You mean to say you think you will get her alive after that?" asked Ethan rolling his eyes as he went down.

-------------------------------------