The Making of a Home

Atrey almost rolled his eyes at his mate's quick reaction. The man probably dreamt of some enemy attacks. He went to the kitchen and saw Ashinta busy in cooking. She smiled seeing Atrey.

"Good morning, prince," she said.

"You can call me Atrey," said Atrey, as he jumped and sat on the kitchen counter.

"I can't cook to save my life. So I am going to depend on you to keep me healthy and alive," smiled Atrey.

"You don't have to worry about anything, Prince," said Ashinta.

"So where does he go this early in the morning?," asked Atrey.

"First he does a round of Myrkovir. Once everything as he would prefer it to be, he will return. I almost forgot, your luggage had been brought. I have asked the maids to help you set it up," said Ashinta.

Atrey nodded. 

"Would he mind if I dumped his room with my things?" asked Atrey.

"I don't think it would. He never cares if someone breaks a thing or two during cleaning or what colour we use in the room, so- "

Atrey nodded, got up and went out.

"Come back in 15 minutes, your breakfast will be ready," she called after him.

Atrey reached his luggage and took his clothes in first. He arranged Ethan's closet carefully and there was still a lot of space left. He hung his clothes and the rest he kept in the bag. Then there were his books. He walked into the drawing room and found a bookshelf. He was helped by the maids in arranging it. Then whatever was left of his personal belongings, some he kept out in the room and others in the bag as he still needed a closet. 15 more minutes after breakfast was ready, Atrey went down to the kitchen again.

He saw the increased rush in the kitchen.

"He likes his lunch healthier," said Ashinta, answering his questioning glance.

"But it is only breakfast time?" said Atrey.

"All the food for the hunter lone wolves' houses are prepared from here," said Ashinta.

Atrey nodded.

"This is his breakfast and yours too" Ashinta gave him two sets of breakfast and Atrey took it.

He found his way to the dining room and saw Ethan waiting.

Ethan did not say anything when Atrey kept the breakfast tray before him and sat down on the side.

After fifteen minutes of cutting silence, Ethan broke it.

"Do you need anything?" asked Ethan, his voice gruff.

"A closet. I have too many clothes," muttered Atrey.

Ethan just hummed.

"I don't see you surviving in the woods for long," said Ethan.

Atrey did not say anything.

"Are you finished?" asked Atrey nodding to Ethan's empty plate. Ethan nodded. Atrey took the plate and then dropped a kiss on Ethan's head.

"Have a good day, Alpha," he said as he walked off.

It took all of Ethan's willpower to not turn and look at Atrey.

-----------------------------------------------

Atrey knew the hunting party would leave soon. It was close to 7 am. He just wanted one more glimpse of Ethan before they left. He stood near the window in Ethan's room and saw his Alpha lead the group of lone wolves into the woods.