Ethan's Fear

Ethan De Russe only had one fear and that was being as helpless as he had been at the age of 12, 25 years back. As he looked at Atrey who was sleeping from the doors, it was those nameless faceless people who have hurt him that came to his mind. People called him a demon and in fact, he himself had demons to deal with. Atrey was too pure and too good to belong here. But Ethan was never known for his selflessness. So he stepped in and slid in next to his Omega. Atrey stirred. 

"Alpha" he mumbled sleepily and Ethan hummed as he placed his arm around Atrey and pulled him closer. "It is a good thing you are too sleepy to be smug," muttered Ethan.

Atrey's face had a soft sleepy smile even as his eyes were closed.

"There is still morning, Alpha," mumble Atrey as he secured Ethan's arms tightly around him and slept. Atrey woke first in the morning and smiled remembering the conversation they had at night and pressed a kiss to Ethan's forehead.

He pressed his face closer to Ethan's and gazed at him. He did not tease his Alpha when the man woke up, but rather gave the man a soft smile and offered him tea.

----------------------------------------------------------

Atrey was very busy as he dealt with the papers from the west side when Sali came with some documents.

"Chief is asking for you," said Sali.

"He could have just mind linked me," grumbled Atrey.

"And you wouldn't know where to come to, which is why he sent me," smiled Sali.

"I am on way," Atrey almost pouted into the mind link.

"You will lose your way in the edges, follow her and come quick," said Ethan.

Atrey scowled but followed Sali.

Ethan rolled his eyes hearing the pout in Atrey's voice. He has no clue what he was getting himself into.

Once Sali brought him.

"Leave Us," said Ethan and Sali left.

"Follow me," said Ethan and walked up the hill ranges. Atrey followed him.

"If you think you can drive me by making me climb these hills you are mistaken," said Atrey, hands on his hips as they stopped halfway up the hill.

Ethan looked at his mate and a smile slipped his lips.

"You are a total idiot, come up now," said Ethan.

Atrey however, was frozen on the spot as he gazed with an open mouth and then it closed and he ran up to Ethan and hugged him tightly. Ethan realised he had smiled and he was amused by Atrey'reaction and at the time, he also felt humbled like never before. The fact that Atrey cared so much about seeing a smile on his face meant something. 

Atrey looked at Ethan and then his smile widened. "Show me this mountain you want me to climb," said Atrey and Ethan did not look away from him for one moment and then pulled Atrey into his arms and smiled as they climbed up the hill.

Ethan showed him the territory and the boundaries. Atrey also saw the palace from the hill. Only the upper dome could be seen, but still. "After leaving Ilse, this is where I started living as a recluse. One year later, I got the first set of lone wolves. Sali and Koelho all came with it," said Ethan.

"You lived in this cave?" asked Atrey.

"Yes," nodded Ethan.

"What drove you away from home. It did not feel right to ask any of them," said Atrey. Ethan did not say anything for the longest time and Atrey wanted to hit himself with some brick for taking that bigger leap and asking the risky question. Ethan might just as well close off now.

"I might have killed a pack member. So my Father removed me from the pack and asked me to stay home. I did. Until one day I just couldn't anymore," said Ethan.

"Who did you kill?," asked Atrey placing his hand on Ethan's chest and pressing his head on the man's shoulder. 

"Uncle, My mother's brother. He was the one who forced my mother into the marriage with dad and well, he was trying to kill Iker. I killed him and well, the pack head can't keep a murderer on the pack even if it is the son. Punishing me also set a good example so everyone wanted it to be clear. I- I stopped feeling that home feeling and started wandering. And finally some 8 years before I stopped visiting," said Ethan. 

----------------------------

Ethan looked at Atrey who was running his hand soothingly through his arm and had to wonder where he lucked out on.

There was no judgement, no doubts, no questions- Atrey believed him explicitly and that made the tenderness in his heart for Atrey just double up. Ethan was also agitated. He can't believe he is letting this happen, letting go of his control. Then again, he has always been a brave man who could take anything life threw at him. He was just going to risk it.

Atrey blushed as Ethan kissed him firmly and demandingly. He gave in.

----------------------------------------------------

Ethan watched amused as he saw Atrey teach the pack kids. It fit the nerd just right. He seems to have roped in the help of other lone wolves too who are educated. Atrey's students also had grown women and men.

Whether the people liked him or not, almost all of them loved Atrey for sure. Ethan reached their room and he stopped short outside. Most of the days he stayed in Atrey's room these days. He then took the sign that was stuck outside Atrey's room and fixed it on his own door.

That should be as good a message as any.

---------------------------------------------------

Atrey looked around his door looking for the sign and finally, he did find it. Atrey was beaming as he read the sign which said: "If the Alpha wants to enter, he must knock". That was an invitation if he saw one and Atrey strutted into the room, nose in the air just to tease Ethan.

Ethan looked up from the file he was reading and saw Atrey jump on the bed and then he turned his head to Ethan's side.

"Next time, don't try to kick me out. You can take the other room next or we will buy a couch for you," said Atrey and Ethan glared at him but gave into his amusement and huffed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------