Child of Our Heart

Our guys in suit. This is the chapter right after An Adoption.

Tim and Teli also left. Atrey moved Eka from the hall to his room which he now uses as a haven when he is irritated at Ethan and the room he expects Ethan to take if, no, when he locks out Ethan in anger.

The maids returned to their duties. After all, Atrey did not see the point in keeping them working in the hall when he could take care of one child himself just fine. Eka was tiny for his age and was a wounded kid and Atrey's heart mourned for the kid's lost childhood. But he was going to do everything in his capability to make sure that Eka gets atleast a semblance of a good childhood.

--------------------------------------

Ethan came home to see a werewolf family from a nearby pack practically running out. The maids had an amused look on their face and Ethan had an idea of what might have happened. Atrey was pacing the hall. Eka sat watching him and he saw Ethan and if the kid was a normal kid, he would have rolled his eyes but he just stared at Ethan and he understood.

"So what did they do?" asked Ethan

Atrey sighed.

"They wanted to take him home for one day and I refused. He is a living breathing being, not a trial product for them to test and return," snapped Atrey. He was in tears as he hugged Ethan. Ethan could feel his own anger build up, for both Eka's sake and Atrey's.

"You know, it is done in some places. There is nothing preposterous about it the way you both are acting," said Sali in a matter of fact tone.

Both looked at her.

"Now don't glare at me and I think you both need a good talking down to, so listen," said Sali.

"You both have rejected 25 people so far for him because no one is good enough. Most of them had run out just like the people now did, especially when it is the Luna handling the people. Now, Be honest with yourself and ask this question to yourself. Do you really want to give him up to some family? I don't think so. Till you both make up your mind, I think it would be better if he stayed with one of the maids," said Sali and looked at one of the maids. She came forward to take Eka who gripped Atrey's hand tight and pulled at his shirt incessantly and Atrey glared at the maid who stepped away. 

He did not say anything else as he took the child in his arms and walked off.

Ethan looked at Sali, more like glared at her.

"Well, if you both want to be stubborn, I don't see why I shouldn't knock some sense into you," said Sali and walked out.

----------------------------------------

Atrey looked at Eka who tucked his head under his chin and was silent. "Would you like to stay with me and Alpha?" asked Atrey.

Eka nodded gripping Atrey tightly.

Atrey looked at Ethan who was at the door. 

Ethan walked in and placed his arm around Atrey and then he kissed Eka on his forehead and then looked at Atrey.

"I will be in our room," said Ethan and Atrey nodded. Once Eka was asleep Atrey got to Ethan.

Ethan was lying on the bed and seems to be deep in thought.

Atrey went and sat near him and said: "Can we keep him?" 

"Are you sure you are ready to bring up a child with me?" asked Ethan and Atrey smiled.

"Yeah, I am," said Atrey.

"Okay," said Ethan.

"Did you just say Okay?" asked Atrey

"I did. I would hate to see him leave too," said Ethan.

Atrey smiled and hugged Ethan. Ethan looked at him.

'Is the kid asleep?" he asked.

"Yes," said Atrey.

"Good," said Ethan and rolled and brought Atrey beneath him. Atrey blushed. They did not always have hot mad sex. It happens like this, once in a few days and it was exhilarating. Atrey loved it when Ethan put his soul into it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ethan got the papers ready and they signed it and officially Eka was now their son.

Eka De Russe  

Atrey is yet to set him down on the floor after the official papers were done.

Ethan looked up from the documents amused to see Atreygoing through his usual set of papers with Eka still in his arms.

Eka seems to be soaking in all the attention and would look at him at times too.

------------------------------------------------

Atrey laid Eka down on his bed. The kid, his son, was asleep. Atrey then got to his room where Ethan the great was as usual immersed in work. The man was yet to take their son in his arms and Atrey knew Ethan's reservations.

"He is going to start wondering if you don't like him," said Atrey.

Ethan did not look up.

"I think its better if he has your influence more than mine," said Ethan and Atrey rolled his eyes.

"Being all fluffy won't help him out there. I had big bad Alpha brothers to protect me. And he will have his cousins protecting him too, but if he is to protect these lone wolves he is going to need your influence more than fine. Actually, I am sure Ma told me a child needs both the parents' influence when they grow up," said Atrey.

Ethan was silent.

"Try spending some time with him?" asked Atrey and Ethan hummed after a two minutes silence.

"Good, please clear your schedule for the day after, we will go on a family outing," said Atrey.

Ethan looked at him.

"Am I stretching it too thin?" asked Atrey trying not to smile.

Ethan just looked down at the files with a small smile on his face. He was not sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing but he was smiling a lot these days.

------------------------------------

Ma sent a specialised healer from the palace to look at Eka.

Ethan and Atrey stood side by side as the elderly lady looked at Eka who was glaring up at her.

"Another little prince in the making for sure, " smiled the healer and she looked at both the parents.

"All his facilities are intact. It must be the shock. When he feels safer and better, he will talk and for his nightmares, he is too young to have medications for that. Just keep him close," she said.

Ethan and Atrey nodded and saw her off. 

-------------------------------------------------------