Atrey's tears

Atrey woke up wound inside a comforter. He blushed red when he realised the state he was in. Atrey saw his Alpha sitting on the side, looking out onto nothing. He sat up drawing Ethan's attention to him.

Atrey's insides went cold seeing the cold fury in his Alpha's eyes. 

"Alpha"

"What? Are you going to explain why you were smelling like a bitch in heat ready to be taken? You made me lose my control. Do you have no self-respect?" asked Ethan. He knew he was sort of victim - blaming. His first response was to blame Atrey.

Atrey felt his eyes well up. He sobbed like a child which made Ethan feel discomfort. He was infuriated by the fact that he felt discomfort for a stupid silly omega's tears. He was stronger than that.

Ethan sat down on the bed. Atrey cowered a bit and Ethan harshly wiped the tears from his face.

"Stop being a wimpy kid and listen to me very carefully," said Ethan.

Atrey nodded as he tried to put a brave face. He was 26 for fuck's sake.

"You can stay here. Anyway, we completed the bonding. It wouldn't matter where we are. And, Don't wait for me. I am not coming for you ever," said Ethan.

Atrey felt fresh tears stream down his eyes.

"Why the fuck are you crying? You know me for what? Barely 7 hours? I have seen my father living just fine with my mom who is not his mate. You will be fine too," said Ethan.

Atrey was biting his lips to stop heart-wrenching cries from leaving his mouth.

Atrey watched as his Alpha left. Once Ethan was far off in the woods, Atrey left out gut-wrenching cry. If Ethan heard it, he tried not to pay it any heed.

Iker was the first to reach him, closely followed by Avadh and then all his other family members. 

"He left," sobbed Atrey.

"Maybe it is for the best. You don't really need the sort of life he lives," said Avadh.

"How can you say that? You have your mate with you. Can you imagine not having Iker with you?" asked Atrey.

"I know, kid," said Avadh as he hugged Atrey tightly.

--------------------------------------------

Ethan busied himself in the town management and the border securing works. In the nights, when he finally comes home to an empty mansion and an empty bedroom, he remembers a sweet innocent face, it was just the moon goddess playing games with him. He abhorred the innocence Atrey possessed.

He had not even asked his mate's name nor had he told him and the words he did tell his mate, he meant every single word of it. 

---------------------------------------------

Atrey refused to get out of his room. One whole month, he stayed locked in. On their wit's end, Avadh went searching for Ethan along with his brothers.

Ethan was surprised when all four of his brother in laws stood before him in the clearing. They were almost in the middle of Myrkovir.

"What brings you here?" asked Ethan.

"While I agree that your life is not something my brother should live, I can't stand seeing him so sad and depressed. It has been 30 days and he is yet to step his feet outside.

Ethan could feel the pain that was coming through the bond but he had been strong and he was sure Atrey will grow to be strong too.

"He will be fine. No one waits forever," said Ethan.

----------------------------------------------------

It was true, no one waits forever. Atrey did get out of his room. He went out with one of his friends and he did get drunk. 

When Ethan rejected the mating, he never thought of all the destruction that would follow. He has seen his mate only once, but he felt all the pain as strong as his own. Ethan still stood by his decision that he was better off without his mate nearby.

Ethan panicked when he felt Atrey's panic. He ran in the direction. It led him into a shady pub. Atrey was crying and fighting a guy who was holding him down and molesting him. Ethan jumped on the guy and tore down his throat and turned to Atrey, who was sobbing. Ethan could see Atrey was drunk. The innocent face he had abhorred now had dark bags underneath his eyes. He looked thinner and somehow more fragile. 

"Alpha" mumbled Atrey.

"Hmm.," said Ethan as he left the place with Atrey in his arms. Atrey's omega friend was nowhere to be seen. 

When he reached palace with Atrey in his arms no one stopped him. He bathed him and then laid him down on the bed. He walked out to see the whole family standing in the hall. Iker looked pregnant and really cute. That brought back the letter Atrey wrote to him. 

"He has been destroying himself. I haven't seen him sober in the past three months. That omega friend of his, he is not good news either," said Vansh.

"Nothing can change the fact that you are his mate. Maybe it is time you own up," said Viraat and went off. Zal followed him.

Avadh who was silent till then looked up.

"He did try to move on you know. He does go on dates but is unable to let them even hold his hand. He did take your words seriously but it is killing him slowly. And today, someone tried to force him. I- I have never been this helpless in my life. Do something," said Avadh.

Then he looked at Iker and placed his hand around Iker and led him into their room not to stress him out too much. Iker was already on the edge in Atrey's case. Atrey was all of their little one.

---------------------------------------

Ethan decided to have a word with his mate once he woke up. Atrey woke up to find himself feeling better than he had felt in the past three months. He looked at his Alpha who was fast asleep. Atrey rested his head on the man's chest and gazed at him, studying his face. He had been trying hard to sketch this face in his mind for the past 90 days and he was unable to do it. Something would always be missing. 

Atrey was still shaken by the incident and did not want to think about the person trying to molest him. He just made sure to internalise his Alpha's face and features so that he never forgets. He was no idiot. He knew the man will leave soon.

------------------------------------------