Look Familiar?

God, could this class take any longer?

Peter expectantly tapped his pencil against the desk, glancing at the clock as if it would make the hands move any faster. He really wanted school to be over with. The bell would ring, Happy would pick him up, then it would be an entire weekend at the compound. An entire weekend with Mr. Stark.

The teen rolled his pencils with the bell, scooping up his stuff and walking out the door. He talked with Ned on their way out the door, the two getting hyped. Flash wasn't even there to bother them today; Parker Luck must have taken a break.

After another minute of talking, Happy impatiently honked the horn. The two did their handshake and said their goodbyes. Peter threw his backpack through the rolled down window and leaped through it afterward. "Nailed it.", he muttered, getting back into a normal seating position. Rolling the window back up, Happy huffed and started driving.

"So, how's school?", the man asked, getting Peter to babble as he pulled out his weekend homework. Might as well get it done now; it was going to be a long drive. "It was good. Spanish is still a pain in the cajones, but better than it was before. Oh! And we're starting a new project in biology; I have to get two DNA samples and compare them.", he started, opening his book for English.

Happy gave a little chuckle, but Peter didn't ask why. Instead, he started reading an annotating his book. The drive to the compound was somewhat quiet, with the exception of singing along to the occasional song. Mostly older rock.

"Alright kid, we're here.", the former bodyguard announced, waving bye as Peter shimmied out of the car. He raced up the wall to the balcony attached to the penthouse. He knew he could always go through the front door, but then he'd be like a normal person. Where's the fun in that?  

The glass doors opened to reveal an empty common room. The teen smirked to himself, walking to the room given to him. When Mr. Stark had first mentioned it, Peter thought he was bluffing. But no, it wasn't a test. Not like it mattered, anyway. He made his decision a while ago. Parker might take him up on the offer after high school, but not right now.

The door silently swung open, and Peter tossed his backpack against the wall. The kid took a breath before face-planting against his Star Wars covers. The room was truly made for him; movie posters painted onto the walls, lego sets piled up, a desk made specifically for schoolwork near the window, and one for tinkering facing the other side. Latched onto the wall facing the bed was a huge flat screen with every gaming system you can name hooked up to it. There was a closet, en suite, and guest room attached to it as well. It was the best.

And that was after he told Tony to tone it down.

Peter flipped himself over, surprised to find his eyelids getting heavy. His head kind of hurt from staring at paper for a while, but the teen had shrugged it off. Still, he hadn't gotten much sleep this past week, with patrolling and all; Mr. Stark was the god of insomnia, he would surely call Peter out on it. Maybe a nap wouldn't hurt. The teen pulled out his phone and set an alarm. Just 15 minutes. That was all he needed.

"Mmm.", the teen hummed, turning over in his bed. He slightly opened his eyes, welcoming the red and pink glow of the sunset.

Wait.

Peter sprung up, realizing that he was wrapped up underneath the covers. But he fell asleep on top of the bed. Great, they knew he was here. The teen rolled his eyes, undoing himself from the blanket burrito. Running a hand through his bedhead, he quickly walked out of his room and into the now full common room. Most of them were by the couch, watching the news.

Sam glanced over at him, smirking. "Well, look who's awake." The other avengers followed his gaze, each having different reactions. Natasha inhaled deeply, Steve had to look away, Bucky bit his lip, Wanda hung her head, and Rhodey had a big smile on his face whereas Clint was trying and failing to hold himself together. Peter furrowed his eyebrows. What was so funny?

"Just in time for dinner.", Steve remarked, getting up. "Hey Tony, think you could wake up the kid?", Rhodey asked playfully, grin getting wider. Clint doubled over laughing, with a couple of others snickering. "Yeah. Yeah yeah yeah. I'm sure he'll want to eat. With that freakish metabolism and all.", Sam agreed, laughing with the men. Natasha herself tried to suppress a smile.  

Raising an eyebrow, the teen decided to ask Mr. Stark what was going on. He started looking around before finding his reflection on the countertop. In all honesty, he shouldn't have been surprised.

Peter with some drawn-on facial hair-in the same style as Mr. Stark's-stared back at the teen, causing him to stare before rolling his eyes. "I must say, I can see the resemblance, now that it's in my face.", Wanda remarked quietly. Clint just kept laughing. Peter wasn't going to let the archer get the satisfaction of his anger, so he opted for another choice.

"WOOHOO!", the kid cheered, racing to the lab. "MR. STARK! YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE IT! I GOT FACIAL HAIR!", he announced loudly, hearing the laughter from the room behind him. "WHAT?!", a shocked Tony Stark yelled, walking out of the lab. "Now this is something I have to see.", he remarked, looking over to the kid. A look of realization passed through his face before a "Goddammit Barton." was muttered. The man grabbed Peter's chin and moved his head around before chuckling. "At least he got it right."

"Also, dinner.", Peter reminded, much quieter. "Right. Wash up, underoos." "Nah, this is probably the only time I'll get anything resembling facial hair for a while. Enjoy it while it lasts, y'know?", Peter admitted with a grin. Tony smiled, ruffling the teen's hair as the two walked back together. "Take it you slept well?", Stark remarked. "Made sure to bundle you up tightly; know you like to be tucked in that way." "Can I please not be reminded of the fact that my aunt and you have a gossip line about me?", Peter huffed, rolling his eyes.

Tony just chuckled, waving to everyone as they reentered the room. Most of them had already gotten dinner, so the two stepped in line. The meal itself was good, and everyone got along. It was nice, how domestic it felt. The night itself ended with a movie, randomly picked by Friday. One by one, the team settled into their rooms, leaving a half-conscious Stark holding an asleep Peter Parker.