We'll Be Right Back

Tony preferred to not think about a lot of things.

He didn't like to think about what happened to resort to this guy attempting to take over the world, why did they demand all the Avengers to come, and how long it was going to take to get this gunk cleaned off the suit.

Nonetheless, after the criminal was apprehended, the world's mightiest heroes loaded the quintjet and took off back to New York. Tony took the time to scan and record the substance used. Pretty much all of the team that fought was hit with it once or twice, might want to know if it did or didn't have any lasting consequences.

While the mechanic/scientist busied himself with that, the other Avengers helped with the "cleanup" in their own ways. (It was mainly just SHIELD paperwork.)

The flight itself was somewhat long, with them being on the other side of the world and all, but it was still semi-productive. With a report sent out and injuries being handled, the team quietly kept themselves busy. And for Tony, after confirming that no, the substance their bad-guy-of-the-week used would NOT have any lasting effects on the team, that meant repairs and noting specs.

He knew this would be a lower-level mission and would've been more than happy to let Peter on board, but there were enough extra people as is--heck, he himself had hardly done anything--and it would be during the week; Peter may be Spider-Man, but school always came first. Thankfully, the teen himself understood when Tony had to explain why Spider-Man couldn't come for this one. He said something about this week being a bad time for a mission anyway.

As soon as the jet landed and the door opened, the team of superheroes left as quickly as possible. They may be thicker than blood, but they could only handle so much time together before someone (mostly Sam) started an argument with someone else (mostly Bucky) and turn the small space into a battlefield. And they didn't want to have to deal with that in the air, thank you very much.

The billionaire simply rolled his eyes and secured his faceplate, walking away from one of these said arguments.

"Man, I know it was you!" "It wasn't me!" "Yeah it was!" "I don't even drink the stuff! Why would I be anywhere near the goddamn-" "Language." "-can it Steve—goddamn machine, let alone break it?" "Well who else could it have been? There was a dent, man!" "Yeah? There are several people that actually drink the stuff that have enhanced strength. One of them, is. Not. Me.", Bucky stated firmly as he and Sam argued on their way to the common room to inspect and confirm said broken coffee maker.

Tony sighed as his suit retracted, having a more annoyed expression than anything else, that softened but didn't completely dissipate at the sight of Peter. *Woah, hey, it's the Iron Dad content you all actually came for!*

"Hey son.", he greeted, pulling him into a side hug. "Hey Dad.", the teen responded, leaning into his father as the man ran a hand through his hair. "How was the mission?" "Alright. School went well." "Oh yeah. It was a good thing I didn't come along." Peter's tone was laced with amusement, like he had found something funny in his thoughts. Tony blinked, but decided not to question.

"So, whatcha up to?", the teen asked as the walked towards the kitchen counter. "Oh nothing much, just gonna settle a little argument.", Tony responded, turning to the team and promptly ignoring their variations of smiles—and practically squeals, in Nat's case—at his and Peter's interactions.

"So...", he started, pulling out the broken machine with an obvious dent in it. "Who broke it? I'm not mad, I just wanna know."

"...I did. I broke it.", Peter spoke up. Of course this kid would try to take responsibility. "No. No you didn't. Wilson?", he asked, looking to Sam with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't look at me. Look at Buck.", Sam pointed. "What?! I didn't break it." "Huh, that's weird. How'd you even know it was broken?", the Falcon asked, eyes narrowing. "Because it's sitting right in front of us and it's broken." "Suspicious." "No it's not!", Buck deflected with a roll of his eyes.

"If it matters, probably not, but Wanda was the last one to use it.", Steve piped up, quiet and calm voice shut down. "Liar! I don't even drink that crap!", Wanda defended, Sokovian accent coming stronger than normal. "Oh really? Then what were you doing in the coffee shop earlier?", Steve asked, imitating the same face Tony made towards Wilson earlier. "It's the only place in this dumbass—shut it— city that knows how to make a proper tea. Everyone knows that Rodgers!"

"Okay let's not fight. I broke it. Let me fix it, Dad.", Peter insisted, quickly trying to diffuse the situation. He was reaching to grab the coffee maker before being held back. "No, kid, your fist wasn't big enough to make the dent. Who broke it!?", he asked, impatience becoming more apparent.

"Tony...Natasha's been awfully quiet."

"Really?!", the Russian agent countered, causing it to escalate into a full-blown argument. Everything afterwards couldn't exactly be made out into sentences.

"So who actually broke it?", Peter asked Friday in a low voice after his father left the common room.

"Boss did. He was wearing his gauntlet this morning when he burned himself with it and punched it.", the AI answered with a volume to match Peter's. The teen snickered slightly, deciding to watch from the ceiling. Arguments like these were secretly team-bonding moments that they would laugh about later.

But if that's gonna happen anytime soon, he'd better get on fixing it.

*Because why bother to write original dialogue when I can just quote a meme.*