No, I'm Not Crying. It's Just...Allergies.

"Day Number 35 of checking.", Peter muttered, pulling up his phone. He refreshed his email once again, just like the days beforehand. But alas, it led to the same result: still nothing. Chances are they were the same thing back at his apartment mailbox.

 The teen huffed, slightly frustrated. According to all of the college preparation websites, now would be the time for people to start getting acceptance or rejection letters or emails. A couple of months ago would have been the time to start looking out; 'supposedly', anyways. Still, he switched over to his music and absentmindedly stared out the window of the subway.

 Any day now, he thought to himself. Any day until the next four, possibly six years of his life are secured.

When put like that, the whole idea of it was somewhat daunting. And to Peter Parker-Stark, it kind of was. Although, not as much as he thought. Especially considered to what he thought it would have been, say, some time during freshman year. Of course, lots of things have changed between now and then.

Peter, as he stepped off the subway, wondered what would be going through his head, at this very moment, if nothing at all had changed. Honestly, the man himself couldn't even imagine anymore. Maybe something along whatever else his classmates might be thinking, but even then is a bit of a stretch.

The muggy air of late March overtook the teen as he stepped out of the station and into the streets of Queens. The whole city of New York was just now thawing after the onslaught of the winter it had, and Peter was ever grateful. He's done a lot to buff the heater in his suit, especially this winter, but there were some instances where it could only take him so far. On the other hand, he now has a more specific understanding of the parameters of Karen and her notification systems, on top of the strength of his own abilities to resist freezing to death. 

So that's neat.

But still; as fun as that one experience dancing toe-to-toe with hypothermia after the power in his suit had gone out had been, he was grateful for the oncoming warmer months.

"Homework or Spidey? Homework or Spidey?", he asked aloud with a teasing tone. After previously said experiences that had occurred this past couple of months, Karen had also gotten a significant update. (Read: Now has the ability to listen in on most of his conversations. Especially those that may have the slightest chance of him making an idiotic decision. AKA almost every conversation he has, whether with his friends or himself.) And Peter would be lying if he said that he didn't have fun exploiting the newer protocols. Especially the loopholes created by his father trying to avoid the 'helicopter parent' label that he should honestly just accept at this point.

Karen: Peter. School comes first.

Peter chuckled slightly, both at the response and the time used to send it. He smirked mischievously, always enjoying the little back-and-forth discussions he instigates. "I dunno, I'm really starting to feel senioritis kick in.", he remarked with a slight stretch.

Karen: Are you sure that isn't your allergies? 

Peter rolled his eyes. Who taught her to argue with him using logic? Certainly not him. "Karen, I don't have allergies. Remember?", he countered, tone matter-of-fact. 

Karen: Bless you.

Almost as soon as she had responded, Peter gave a loud sneeze that took a solid thirty seconds to wind up. The teen gave a side-glare to his phone as he recovered, knowing what sort of emotion that his AI would be feeling. If she could right now, she'd be howling in laughter. 

"...This proves nothing." 

Karen: Pollen detection is rather high today. I would suggest changing into your suit at your apartment, where you are less likely to be exposed. Maybe, while you're there, you could do your homework as well?