Here Comes The Bride

*

Guess who doesn't have to use crutches now?*

The narrator for this chapter hasn't been to many weddings in their life, but from the few they have, it's fair to say that it's the happiest, and most stressful, time in a woman's life.

Needless to say, a wedding-frantic Pepper is one thing, a prengan Pepper is another. A pregante, wedding-frantic Pepper is a different beast entirely. And man, was she scary.

Despite all of the details having been taken care of weeks--if not months--ago, there was still plenty of stress come the weekend of the wedding. The couple tried to hide their nervousness, but it was a very poor attempt. Everyone they opened about it to said the same thing; take a deep breath. It may seem nerve-racking at the moment, but when they look back, it'll be the time of their lives.

The bachelor and bachelorette parties took up most of the day, rather than just the evening. After a mandatory meeting in the morning, Pepper went to the OB/GYN, then met up with Wanda, Natasha, and May for lunch. She stuck by their side for the rest of the day, hitting the town. They went shopping, transferred some last minute decorations for the next day, then May took the women sightseeing. Despite living in the city, they really didn't do many things in town.

Tony, on the other hand, picked up Peter and Ned from school early and they met up with Rhodey, Steve, Bucky, Thor, Bruce, Clint, and Scott. They WERE going to rent out Coney Island and spend the day there, but some big bad had decided to be a douche and prevent that from happening. So, instead, they spent the beginning part of the afternoon handling that. (Ned struck the finishing hit with a custom-made electric web. "What? I'm Spider-Man's guy in the chair; there's, like, a 90% chance of getting kidnapped in that. Gotta defend myself somehow.", the teen explained with a shrug.) THEN they played on Coney Island 'till late in the night.

The couple arrived home relatively late, so tired that not-sleeping-because-of-anxiety wasn't going to be a thing.

They slept in relatively late that day, ate breakfast that was already prepared, got ready and drove off to the hotel.

The preparation itself took a few hours, which consisted of a quite a bit of downtime. During said downtime, Peter and Rhodey gave Tony a somewhat inspirational speech to get the man out of his cold feet. ("You've come this far, Tones. If she had a problem with you, she would've left by now." "Yeah, Dad! You've got nothing to worry about.") And in the other room, Pepper and May were talking while fixing makeup and hair. ("Just to think. If someone told me today was going to happen not even five years ago? I would've laughed." "Certainly know what you mean. Life's full of jokes sometimes.")

Eventually, the sky started turning pink with the evening, and everyone took their seat.

When Peter had his turn walking, he tripped over himself and did a full-on somersault, catching the rings into the pillow. The people seated where it happened could hear the teen whisper a "Nailed it." Tony chuckled, shaking his head with a smile. Cassie and Lila followed behind, sprinkling the flower petals. Well, Lila sprinkled. Cassie, being the queen she was, flung them instead.