Which way do I swing? I don't know, I don't play baseball.

"Waitwaitwait. So after you yote the gun, this guy did what?"

"He RAIDed me, dude. This fool pulled out a bottle of RAID and tried to spray me. Which, y'know, he was prepared, I'll give him that.", Peter answered with a shrug and a chuckle. Ned laughed with him.

Peter attached another piece of the lego structure; he preferred to take parts and work on them separately then attach them all together. Ned quickly attached his own bricks, preferring the other way of doing it all at once. The pair joked around while they built the lego EVA Unit 01 *Because headcanon: these two are lowkey otakus*, adding as many details from their memory as possible.

"So RAID doesn't affect you. Good to know.", Ned noted absentmindedly. They had come up with some crazy theories as to how much Peter was affected by the spider bite. Sometimes, when Ned's folks weren't home, they would try to cram in as many experiments as possible. All within a controlled environment, of course. 

When he finished up with his parts, Peter started thinking of another conversation topic. "I got another note.", the teen started absentmindedly. Ned perked his head up slightly. Peter squirmed a little. He normally got anxious when he was talked about stuff like this. "Still no name; I'm actually pretty sure it's a dude." "Really? A dude would send you a secret admirer's note in the locker, all decked out in fancy paper and typed calligraphy.", Ned asked, doubtful. "I'm pressing X, man." "No, that's the thing. There is no girl at school that's remotely that feminine; whoever it is is trying really hard to appear that way.", Peter explained, trying (and probably failing) to not sound like a conspiracy theorist. 

Ned held his hands up in surrender. "I believe you, man." Putting one of the last pieces on, the teen bit his lip before asking quietly, "If...if it did happen to be a guy, would you still go for it?" Peter looked down at the ground, suddenly feeling a heat of embarrassment hit his cheeks. "I mean, I'm not making you come out or anything, just curious."

The brunette gave an airy chuckle, glancing up at his friend while he thought of how to answer. 

This was a can of worms he's been stewing with for a while. Peter's always been fairly confident in his interest in girls, but lately...he's not so sure. There has been an instance or two where he's admired a good-looking boy, but in his eyes, it was never seen as a crush, per se. But when he's talking like to Ned like this, there's a weight that seems to disappear. The teen feels... happier, more connected, when he's with his friend. 

Is that love? Peter has no idea.

"I dunno.", he finally said, though it was in a mumble. "Whoever's writing this seems nice enough, but I'd have to sit down and actually get to know them before deciding anything." Peter nodded with his sudden decision before turning and looking at Ned with an awkward smile. "Does that make sense?"

Ned nodded, finishing his part of the machine. The pair smiled and did their secret handshake. 

"Alright dude in the seat, I gotta get started on patrol.", Peter quietly said, pulling his suit out of his backpack and heading to Ned's bathroom to change. He quickly stuffed his clothes in the bag, noting how the other teen already had his computer out, and slipped out the window. 

The two gave each other a thumbs up before Peter leaped off into the city.