Another Walk About

Virginia Pepper Potts sighed as she stepped off the plane, with all the sophistication and grace of Stark Industries' CEO. Of course, once all the cameras and paparazzi had left the woman be, she loosened in posture. A smile crept up her face at the sight of Tony welcoming her with open arms. Though it was vaguely apparent he'd shed more than a few tears lately, her fiancé seemed completely over the moon.

"Hey, Pep.", the man greeted her, giving a long, gentle kiss. She returned the action, smile never fading. When they eventually broke apart, the man took the woman's hand and walked her to the car waiting on them. "I take it everything went well?", he asked expectantly. Pepper nodded. "As well as it could be. The contracts were simple to negotiate with; they took the offer without much second thought." "Of course they would, you were the one that convinced them.", the man complimented as he started the drive.

The couple continued talking about several different things on the way back, from business to training to the weather. They walked back in through the private entrance, greeted by the team about to eat lunch. Everyone except Rhodey seemed off-put by the man's cheerful demeanor as he walked into the room. The colonel just smirked. Pepper returned the grin, sitting at the seat next to Tony's. Stark rolled his eyes and tried to ignore laughing at the confused and perplexed expressions of the rest of the team. There's something amusing about knowing something others don't.

He huffed in not-that-much annoyance and prepared a couple of sandwiches for himself and Pepper. The woman's smirk transformed into a grateful smile, which he returned subtly with a nod. Turkey on rye with lettuce and pickles sounded like absolute heaven to her at the moment.

Steve and Bucky, after they quickly finished, mumbled something about "training" and quickly left to their floor. Interpret that however you please.

After the others finished lunch, they quickly resumed to their own devices as well, leaving Tony and Pepper to themselves. In between their lunches, the couple started talking again, about a subject they rarely were allowed to.

"So, after some rather aggravating interviews, I managed to pull it off. Only pictures press can put out are the ones we allow them to.", the businesswoman declared. Tony physically loosened in relief a little. "Have I mentioned how much I love you, the greatest woman to walk the earth?", he remarked with a genuine smile. They had agreed at the beginning that the wedding was going to be private, with as little press as possible. It was a stretch to get the limit this far, but fate had smiled on them for once.

She smiled with a low chuckle, finishing the meal. "Did you manage to talk to the photographer?" Tony nodded slightly. "Yep. He's all set." Pepper nodded in acknowledgment. "Still don't understand why Peter can't do the pictures.", the man remarked. "You've seen 'em." The woman rolled her eyes. "I know, and I don't doubt that they would be great. Peter can take his own, and you can frame all of those up. But if he's behind the camera, then there won't be any of him.", Pepper reasoned, still holding a light smile.

"And we don't want that. I want some of him serving as the 'ring man'.", Tony finished, making air quotes at the term Peter used when he was asked. His fiancé laughed at the reference before starting to get up. Her head was starting to feel a little odd when she did that, always acting like a pit in her stomach. Oh well. She's sure it's just nerves. Never been in the bride's seat before.

The two cleaned up shortly after, getting an hour or two of planning and T.V. watching before an alarm for a board meeting rang loudly from Pepper's phone. She gave an exaggerated whimper, holding Tony for a second more before letting go. "Go kick some ass!", her partner cheered on before Friday announced Fury was calling. "Good luck!", she encouraged, elevator doors finally closing.