"WHAT THE FU-"

They decided not to tell the rest of the group. Yet. It wasn't a life or death thing to know, telling them could wait. A little bit, at least.

Peter stared at the night sky above him, connecting the stars with his finger. He always did this when he couldn't sleep, it helped pass the time without too much strain on him. The teen's eyes darted somewhere else, looking for another constellation. Just Peter... and his thoughts. And there was a lot to think about.

While Peter was happy Mr. Stark-maybe he should stop calling him that-uh, Tony, had left what changes and what doesn't up to the teen, he also kind of wanted the man to make some of the decisions. Which ones, he hasn't decided yet.

Stepping away from the rail, Peter checked the time. May should be off work right now. He took a deep breath. Now or never. She was family, and deserved to know.

Peter pressed the call button and listened to the dial tone. Once...twice...

"Hey honey.", May greeted, sounding exhausted but still sweet and happy. "What're you doing up this late?" "Can't sleep.", he admitted vaguely, sitting down. "Nightmare?" "No, just...how was work?", Peter tried to divert the subject. He needed a transition, dropping bombshells were dangerous. May took a breath, obviously recognizing the pattern. "Work was good. A little busy, but not anything crazy. How was school?", she responded slowly.

"School was about the same.", he casually responded before using the opportunity. "Today was fun, too. Mr. Stark and I worked on a lot of things. My suit's gonna be bulletproof soon; I figured you'd like the sound of that. And he helped me with... a school project.", Peter began, getting an empty response. He explained it a little before describing the setup for the discovery. "So, Mr. Stark told Friday to humor him, and so she did the test. And...", he trailed off, sending a picture of the results to May.

She called back within two minutes. "WHAT THE FU-", the woman yelled into the phone, making Peter visibly wince. "I know, crazy, right?", he cut off, trying to calm her down. "We both basically had the same reaction. Although we were pretty much the last people to know.", he joked, happy to hear May chuckle through her panicked breaths. Progress.

After she finally finished, Peter's face fell slightly. "Aunt May?", he asked quietly, meekly. Like the kid had lost ten years and expected his strong aunt to hold all the answers to the universe. That's what he was hoping she could be right now.

"Did you...have any idea? At all?"

May was quiet for a moment, before getting up. "Well, I'd be lying if I said I never had any suspicions. There were just... a couple of details, that with the two of them, didn't really add up. But, I still love you all the same, Peter. You are my heart, my soul, my world and my everything. No matter whose kid you might be, you'll always be my nephew.", the woman reassured. The teen couldn't help but smile. Hours apart and Aunt May still knew when he was in distress.

"Ben and Richard weren't exactly on speaking terms for the longest time. We didn't have any idea they had a son when you came into our lives. I still respected them, though. Him and Mary. I guess that's why I dismissed the thoughts.", May admitted, sounding absolutely wrecked. Peter sighed. Maybe he should have waited.

"Sleep well, Aunt May.", Peter dismissed, walking back inside. "We'll see you later. Larb you." "I larb you, too.", May responded before Peter let hung up. With less of a knot in his stomach, the teen finally convinced himself to go to bed.

The light to the lab was still on. Mr. Stark was on the phone with someone. Peter sighed, leaving the man be.

Tony tapped his foot anxiously, waiting for the love of his life to answer and give him hell. He started tapping his finger against the back of his phone, eyes darting around the room.

"Hey Tony. Is everything alright?", Pepper asked, sounding worried. "I hate it when you're right.", the man admitted with a chuckle. "Pardon?", the woman asked, confused. "What am I right about this time?"

"Well, you might not recall the conversation; it was a while back–August 2010, I believe–but it was after an Expo, when you sent a woman home after a couple of drinks. I whined a little as you dragged me out to dinner when you made the comment, 'With the way you live, I'm sure you've got a kid somewhere in the world.'", he explained smoothly, finally picking a wall to stare at.

"Wait. Are you implying–" "It's a boy.", Tony announced quietly. A smile formed to his lips. A happy, healthy, genius sixteen-year-old boy.

Pepper chuckled from the other side of the line. "Congratulations, honey. So, when do I get to meet this Stark Jr.?", the woman asked happily. "You already have. You remember Peter, right?", her fiancé responded.

"...I knew it.", the woman muttered with a laugh. "Yes, I remember him. Clear as day. He does that to people.", she finally answered. Tony felt a weight fall off his shoulders. She was happy about this.

The couple talked for a few more minutes before the ding of the plane broke them off. "See you soon.", she finally finished, hanging up.

Tony smiled. "You too."