Grandma Stark doo doo doodoo doodoo

*

*

December was an interesting time for Anthony Edward Stark. On one side, he had the holidays and a family to spend them with--a loving wife, a son whom this was his last Christmas and New Years before he left off for college to become his own man, a little girl who is beginning to act just like him. Sass and all. ("Morgan, luce stellare, can you say it for me? Say Dada.", he tried coaxing, only to be met with silence and eyes that never focused on him. Pepper shrugged. "It's probably not gonna happen." Tony huffed, handing the baby to her mother when she reached out for Pepper. "I heard her say it earlier.", he pointed out, heading towards the exit of the room. As soon as the man left, Morgan noticed a picture and pointed at it, shouting in a clear voice, "Dada!")

But on the other hand, the month brought a couple of memories that he would rather just forget. The big one, decorated with flashing lights, glitter, the whole shebang, was the death of his parents.

The past couple of years taught him to not hate his father to the degree he did before. Sure, there were still a couple of actions that he still couldn't forgive, but others... In all honesty, it was surprising to even himself how much the man had learned to move on from Howard.

He always grieved his mother though.

Whenever he thought of Maria Stark, he thought of gentle comfort. He thought of the smell of his favorite dessert waiting for him in the kitchen after he had done something especially rewarding, like ace a test he had pulled all-nighters to study for; the sound of the piano in the living room graciously playing "Try to Remember" on particular days and his shoddy attempts at playing it to comfort her in return, which led into him learning how to play from Maria only because that was their special time and a teacher would just take that away from him. When he thought of Maria, he thought of a homey warmth, like a gentle furnace on Christmas Eve. And it may just be his aging eyes getting to him, but there were times when he would see a reflection of her in his children.