Mama Stark doo doo doodoo doodoo

Hormones suck. 

With all the expecting women she's had to work with, Pepper soon-to-be-Stark thought she had an understanding of what exactly to expect. Apparently not.

Pregananacy, as Peter called it, was an... interesting experience, to put it lightly. One moment, she would be filled with complete and utter happiness and love, another, she would be completely done with Baby Stark's bullsh*t. Preparing her for motherhood, the woman jokingly supposed.

Still, the only people that actually knew was her family and the team. And she would like to keep it that way until she absolutely has to.

Pepper pushed the now-built crib against the wall of the finished nursery. Yes, the baby wasn't due for another seven months, but the sooner the preparations were finished, the better.

"Thank you again for doing this.", the woman said, turning to Steve and Bucky with a smile. Bucky returned the smile gently. "Of course. What kind of uncles would we be if we didn't help every now and then?", Steve remarked lightheartedly, wrapping an arm around Bucky's shoulders. The soldier chuckled lightly, setting the hammer in his hand down. Pepper shook her head but laughed with them.

The two walked out of the room, casually talking about something else entirely as Pepper stood there. The woman held a hand to her stomach as she looked around the colorful room, and how far it has come. Peter helped clean and decorate, Tony had created the most advanced baby monitor to ever exist (even though they Loki already had one), Natasha and Wanda had helped coordinate the place, and May, being the experienced nurse and everything, bless her soul, had given Pepper a list of all the things she should prepare for and how to do so. She had basically given the woman who thrives on structure a plan for the next few months.

Thank god for May.

After another minute, the woman finally sighed and left, immediately heading for the kitchen, because apparently, it was lunchtime. Yeah, one of the many things she's gotten to look forward to. She rolled her eyes, only partially annoyed. 

When Pepper walked into the kitchen, she smiled at the sight of Tony making some food for him and Peter, by the looks of things. He smiled gently at her, though seemed lost in his own thought. She fixed herself some leftovers, humming a little song to herself. "Heard they got the crib finished.", Tony said, deciding to initiate some conversation. 

Pepper nodded. "Yeah. You two should come to look at it once you're done with whatever project you've got going on right now." He nodded in agreement, grabbing the party sized-bag of chips for Peter. The man gave his fiance a peck on the lips before heading back down to the lab with the food.         

A minutes silence occurred, before Tony was noticeably unhappy. "God, Pete, what- how-", he whispered, before sighing. "Alright. You're alright, bub. We're going to fix this.", he muttered, voice growing louder. 

Pepper looked up in confusion, before realizing the exact predicament. 

Tony huffed a frustrated sigh, holding a little boy, who looked to be about four, with short, brown curls and the biggest doe eyes she's ever seen. He looked absolutely adorable, but about as frustrated as Tony was.

"God, Pete, what am I gonna do with you?"